Ch.39- I Love You

Your POV

Flashback- A year ago

"Give me 5, it's a vibe...In the hood like drive-by." Nicki made a gun motion as she walked on to the stage to do her verse. I grabbed a water bottle and sprayed it through the crowd, jumping up and down on beat.

I moved to the drum set and gave a head nod for Nicki to do the chorus with me. I pulled the mic attached to the hi-hat closer and went crazy. The sticks rapidly hit the snare while my foot struck the bass drum which made my hair fall loose from my ponytail with the way I was shaking. I sung Lil Durk's part since he couldn't make it and ended off the song.

I got up to hug Nicki, whispering a thanks before she left the stage. I watched her take Kali from Billie and bounce her carefully, bringing a smile to my face.

"Coachella, I'm not done yet. I'm about to rock your world." I pulled up a chair to center stage as the stage lights turned blue.

"Mani, Can you come out here ?" I watched her hand Roman to Nicki and kiss Kali before walking on to the stage and sitting on the stool. I took my jacket off and put it on Normani once I noticed her shivering while the track played.

"My baby mama went celibate
Lies on my breath, she say she couldn't take the smell of it
Tired of the rumors every room had an elephant
Tryna find her shoes, rummaging through all the skeletons
She took away sex, took me out my element"

I held her hand as I sung to her. I thought about when I used her after my break up with Ariana, how she was so mad at me and could barely trust anything I said, even after I apologized.

I walked over backstage and got the bouquet of roses dropping a rose around her until they formed a circle under her feet.

"My ego like 'Ah damn, there he go
Prayin again,again, the same ol' thang'
I mean, I ain't gon' promise that the pain go away
And you can take your sweet time but she ain't gon' wait
Cause a new coat of paint don't make the stain go away"

I smiled at her, wiping away her tears as I gave her the last rose. "Normani Kordei Hamilton, we've damn sure had a rocky road. We've been at highs and we've been at lows and we've been at points where you've hated my guts but in the end we've always worked it out. You're the mother of my children, the love of my life and you know I mean it cause I don't say sappy shit like that all the time." Normani rolled her eyes as the crowd laughed.

I got on my one knee in front of her and pulled out the ring from my pocket. The diamond was pink since that's her favorite color and the band was rose gold.

"Normani Kordei Hamilton...will you marry me ?" she put her hand over her mouth and nodded, tears of joy streamed from her eyes. I put the ring on her finger and kissed it, picking her up and twirling her around as Indigo and Billie popped confettis and Brian "ironically" performed his song Confetti, dancing around us and dropping confetti on us.

"I love you." I whispered to her, smiling harder than I ever have before.

"I love you too."

Present Day

I smiled thinking about that day a year ago as I tied my tie for my suit. I've never been more sure about something the way I was about Normani. She brought me peace, she makes me feel like a kid again. She makes me feel complete.