Ch.28- No Remorse

Your POV

"Are you ready ?"

Those three words sent shivers down my spine. I wasn't quite ready to face the fact that this seas a reality.

I splashed water onto my face from the sink, shortly taking deep and sharp breaths.

"Yeah, I am Brian." We walked out of the bathroom together and walked into the courtroom.

Before I took my seat Brian pulled me into a tight hug. "Good luck" he whispered.

I nodded and flashed him a smile before crossing the partition and walking to the defenders table.

Patrick was already there and organizing his files for the case.

I didn't even wanna look to the left and see the smug look on Micheals face.

A few minutes passed before the judge appeared from his chambers and sat righteously at his bench.

"Good afternoon everyone." He greeted as he waited for one of the officers to pass him the case file.

"So we're here on the behalf of...Foster V. Y/ln correct ?" I nodded.

"Ms Y/ln, how do you plead ?" I looked over at Patrick, seeing him nod I took a short breath.

"Guilty." He hummed.

"Mr. Barns, present your plaintiff's first witness." Micheal's lawyer turned to the gallery and signaled for someone to come up.

I looked down at my hands, my left leg was shaking like crazy.

"I will the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth." That voice....it sounded familiar...extremely familiar.

I snapped my head up to see tan, petite woman who got me in this situation. Ariana has her hand on the bible, looking right at Micheal as she said each word.

The officer took the bible away when she was done and stood next to the jury box.

"Ariana...walk me through the events of what happened on the night of January 26th." He paced back and forth, smirking every time he caught my gaze.

"Well, we were all at the after show and Mikey and Brian were only having a friendly conversation when Y/n walked over and tried to start something, she started instigating and insulting Mikey-"

"OBJECTION, Your honor this is a false allegation." Patrick tried to object but I knew by the judges face that he wasn't having it.

"Sustained, continue Ms. Grande." He gestured towards her.

"Well, Mikey tried to tell her to back off and that she was just drunk and needed to go home but she didn't listen. She threw the first punch and then she tackled him to the floor and he had no choice but to  fight back. It was self defense."

"So would you say...Y/n intoxicated ?" Ariana nodded.

"Now jury, seeing as Y/n is 19 and the legal age of drinking is 21, this would be classified as underage drinking wouldn't it ?" The jury nodded, looking at me with judging eyes.

"Thank you Ariana, you may go back to the gallery now." I looked at her with hardest glare I could sum up. This was a different type of betrayal and if this lands me in jail, I can promise and swear on my life that I will make her life and career a living hell.

"Mr. O'Connell, present your claim and witness."

"Well...contrary to Barn's witness's statement, my client was 100% sober. When she was arrested and brought to the station, the police officers had a breathalyzer test done on her and it came out clean." Patrick walked up to the judge, showing him my lab reports.