Ch.36- Can I order a boy please ?

Your POV

After lots of time to think over the weekend, I've realized I've been a complete ass to Normani. So that's why i'm parked in her driveway with her favorite food and a pink teddy bear. I was a little hesitant since the last time I was bringing a gift to someone's house, it didn't exactly end well.

Once I was faced with her front door I took a deep breath before I knocked. It took a while before she opened the door and I was met with her tired yet still beautiful face.

"Whoa, have you been crying ?" I noticed her unusually red eyes and she's not a smoker so the only reason could be crying. She opened the door wider and let me come in, leading me to her bedroom.

"Yes i've been crying but only cause I thought you were mad at me and I don't like it when people are mad at me." She pouted.

"I mean I was but like I understand what was going on now and I get that you weren't exactly in control of your emotions." Normani nodded as she settled down in her bed.

"I um...I called Indigo and apologized to her..." She messed with her fingers anxiously, looking everywhere but at me. She looked so cute in this state.

"How'd you get her number ?" I know Indigo would never give it to her willingly so it truly puzzles me.

"I stole it from Brian's phone while he was in the bathroom the other day..."

"Yeah and how'd that go ?" I giggle, I doubt it would've gone that good.

•••
Flashback from Normani's POV

"Okay, now or never Mani." I spoke to myself as I dialed her number.

"Hello ?" Her cute high voice came through the phone. For someone who's 18 she sure sounds like she's 12 but it weirdly fits her face.

"Hey this is Normani, before you hang up I just wanted to say that I know I was out of pocket the other day and I truly apologize. This is no excuse but um I'm pregnant and my hormones are all over the place and I understand how close you and Y/n are and I'd never wanna break you guys up. I hope somehow we could still be friends and you can accept my apology..." I heard her sigh through the phone and shift in what was probably her bed.

"Of course I accept it but honestly...I was in the wrong too and I'm really sorry, I shouldn't have said all that stuff to trigger you. I mean from the way Y/n talked about you I can tell you're special to her and you seem really cool so tell you what ? How about sometime during the week...I take you out and we just have fun on our own ? We could go baby shopping or shopping for you or anything you want, it's on me..." I bit back my smile and agreed.

"Oh and Normani ?" I hummed a response.

"Congratulations, I'm really really happy for you and Y/n"

"Thank you, Indigo...it really means a lot."

•••

"I'd say it went pretty well...I'm gonna steal your best friend." She shrugged.

"Did you tell her about the baby ?"

"Yeah, she said she was gonna help me go shopping. I'm excited, it'd be nice to make some new friends."

"Well...I brought you some-"

"Popeyes, yeah I can smell it. This baby is like...heightening my senses." She cut me off and stuck her hands out for the bag with her food in it, which I had no choice but to hand to her.

"All jokes aside, I'm sorry for being so immature about the situation. I shouldn't have yelled at you or giving you the cold shoulder." I sat down in the bed next to her and reached for a drumstick which she didn't let me eat. "Wowwwww, you're starving me now ?"

"If I remember correctly...this chicken sandwich and this 8 piece chicken meal was bought for me and only me." Normani picked up the remote and skipped through movie selections until she found the one she wanted. Her cropped hoodie slightly rose as she reached for another piece of chicken and her cute baby bump drew all my attention.

"You can touch her if you want."

"Her ? What makes you sure it's a girl ?" I slowly rubbed her belly and put my ear to it. "I'm pretty sure my little prince is in there waiting to be born to his throne."

"I don't know...just a feeling. You know she's not gonna kick for a few more months right ?" Her hands calmly ran through my hair, massaging my scalp.

"I know...I just...wanna hear the sound of the food you ain't wanna share with me slushing around your fat ass." She instantly used the hand that was massaging me to smack me in the forehead.

"Y/n don't try me." She finally passed me a drumstick and went back to massaging my hair and watching the movie.

"You thought I was gonna say some sentimental shit huh ?" We laughed together like it was the funniest thing in the world.

And slept in peace together like there was no tomorrow.

•••

"Well hello, Ms Hamilton. And who's this ?" A nice looking doctor greeted us as she walked in to the room.

"Niya, this is Y/n the mother and Y/n this is one of my closest friends and my doctor, Niya." We shook hands before she put on her gloves.

"So how far along are we ?" Niya smeared the gel on her stomach and picked up the little stick thing.

"16 weeks." My breath hitched as soon as I saw the little bean on the computer and the heartbeat coming through and filling the room.

"Y/n are you crying ?" I nodded with my lip between my teeth.

"Yeah....it's my little bean." Normani squeezes my hand, telling me it was okay to cry. "Wait a minute...this is a little unusual." Niya moved the stick around her belly a little more desperately trying to find what ever she was looking for.

"Well...Mani, congratulations you're having twins." My mouth hung ajar as I looked at Normani.

"I mean...there is a history of twins in my family." My mom use to tell me how her grandfather was a twin and she'd always get confused.

"Um, what are the genders ?" Normani spoke once she got over her astonishment.

"I only see one wiener so...looks like you guys are having a boy and a girl." Niya wiped Normani's stomach and handed me the ultrasound pictures.

"I'll leave you guys be, congrats again." Niya took the doctor stuff she came in with and left us in the room.

I kissed Normani's forehead gently, I could barely contain my emotions.

"I guess we both got what we wanted."  I stared down at what i'd created. My babies, My little beans.

I was gonna be everything I never got to them and that's a promise I will always keep.

•••

Y'all please don't hate Indigo...I swear she one of the nicest people 🥺

Y'all gon see in the next few chapters.

But ayeeeee y'all getting twins, start suggesting names 😡