Ch.20- Let the games begin

Your POV

"Y/n..." He dragged.

"Wannabe bicycle..." I innocently replied.

He scoffed, pushing a folder towards me.

"Where's the album ? We need the album" His hands clasped in front of him on the desk.

"I-"

"Nope, no excuses. Where is it ? Did you even start ?"

My silence was enough of an answer to him as soon as I saw his ears get red and him exhale.

He looked upwards and brought his hands into a praying position. "God I pray you show this child mercy and withhold me from paralyzing this fucktard" He muttered under his breath.

"Uh, Scooter I don't think you should use a curse word and god in the same sentence" I tried to make a joke but his glare was not appeasing.

"You dropped Waves with Normani, great, but you need an EP out or something. You barely have any singles"

"Well I just recorded like three songs-"

"And that's great but-"

"I have a feature with Nicki-"

"Y/N WE NEED THE DAMN ALBUM NOT A FEATURE!" He yelled.

I guess he got tired of me cutting him off.

I looked down at my lap, seeing my leg shake and tap the ground anxiously.

He looked at me softly and sighed.

"Look Y/nn, you're very talented and have a good voice. Yes you have collabs with a few popular artist but that doesn't keep you relevant. Right now you're an internet sensation but what you need to be is an ARTIST, you need to be taken seriously and that's exactly what an album will do. I'm not gonna sugarcoat or be gentle because that's not what you need. You need no bullshit so you can get this shit done"

I took in what he was saying and nodded.

He was definitely right. If I want to stay relevant and get the recognition I need then I can't piggyback off people.

"Can you book me some studio time for the next full week ?"

"Already did" He grinned.

I gave him a small smile and gathered my stuff to leave.

Just before I walked through the door, I heard him call my name.

"Y/n"

I turned to him, making sure to keep eye contact with him.

"I pressure you like this because everyone else settles for mediocre, but I'm not everybody. I settle for nothing but the best and more. I signed because I saw your determination but I need you to turn that into energy for your songs." I nodded in understanding

"Do you even have a name for it ?" I snapped my head up with a smirk.

"Definitely"

"What is-"

"Nope, you'll find out when you find out"

We got history
Got me feeling the nostalgia when you look at me
Thinking bout what could've happened or what could've been

The whistle beat played in the background, or maybe it was a flute ? I don't know but it was fire.

I sat on the couch in the studio as I waited for Brian to finish his session.