Ch.15- Tell me why

Your POV

"Last week on the Ellen show, our favorite best friends announced something jaw-dropping. the new pop artist, Y/n Y/ln and fellow pop artist Ariana Grande, recently released the news that they are together and have actually been together for a month now! Although the couple has been a ship in the media for a while now, so has a ship between Y/n and Normani! There are also recent pictures that suggest there could be som-" I cut the TV off and huffed with a roll of my eyes.

All the tabloids want to do is turn a story into something else, you can never have something positive and good without someone bringing up something negative and irrelevant.

Shit is really irritating and it's not just tabloids, that's how life and people are in general. People really will always see and have something negative to say about a positive situation.

Soft footsteps in the kitchen could be heard from my place on the the sofa, causing me to look towards the area.

The broccoli headed human I call a brother was walking around looking for something. His walking pattern was odd though, he looked somewhat in pain, his face would contort every few steps and a low grunt could be heard.

I walked up behind him silently before placing my hand gently on his shoulder. Again, I placed it gently on his shoulder but he still flinched and not in shock but in...pain ?

"Yo Chicago you good ?" He looked at me before looking away again nodding.

I stood there astonished as Chicago walked to our white refrigerator, slowly but surely bending over to get some milk.

When he bent over his shirt rose a bit and I was shocked and pissed to see a large blue-ish purple-ish bruise making a grand appearance on his light skin.

"Yo my mans, what is that shit ? Chicago are you sur-" He cut me off with nervous laughter.

"I'm fine Bino, it's just football practice taking a toll on me" The milk he had been pouring had almost spilled out of the cup even though he was literally staring at it, it was like he was staring right though it.

"Football doesn't do that to your body, especially your ribs. And I find it funny how you have those bruises from football when you aren't even on the team, you didn't even try out for it this year" I looked him up and down with my arms crossed.

I watched as his jaw clenched, his eyes shutting as he rubbed his index and thumb finger on his temple. He slowly inhaled and exhaled, as if to calm himself down before slowly shaking his head, each curl on his head moving with him.

He finally turned towards me, his eyes full of nothing but fury as they darkened at the sight of me.

"Y/n you need to leave me the fuck alone ok ?" He glared at me before turning back around to grab his glass of milk and down the rest of the white contents.

I really didn't know how to respond to that, he never and I mean never calls me by my first name. It's always Bambi, Bino or Bambino.

I quickly fixed my face from one of shock to one of anger and my moods changed to.

"I know we close and all but obviously you've gotten too comfortable with me. You will respect me. I don't know what's going on with you but I'll be here when you're ready to talk no matter what" I walked up to him slowly getting into his face as I looked at him with the same amount of anger and fury evident on my face. "But don't you ever Chance, and I mean ever, talk to me like that because you need to get it through your head that I am not.your.little.friend, my nigga" With every word I poked him in the chest harder.