♣️Chapter 8♣️

"How many times have I warned you not to barge inside my study like that!" Namjoon scolded Taehyung, who was looking down embarrassed.

Earlier he had ran inside to take Jimin out to the park so he could get familiar with his new surrounding and befriend him, totally forgetting the fact that the younger was having an important session with Namjoon.

'Im sorry Hyung... I just wanted to take him out for a while and get familiar with his new environment"

"That's really nice of you but don't rush inside like that ever again... I was this close to take my gun out and shoot your fucking brains!" Namjoon yelled at Taehyung, forgetting about Jimin who was carefully listening to their conversation.

Jimin had started to pick up new words to enhance his vocabulary and learn to fit them according to the situation. Like a day ago he heard Jin comment how thirsty he was and the maid rushed to get him a glass of water. So Jimin understood why Jin said he was thirsty and in response to that he received water.

"You don't have to be that paranoid Hyung" Taehyung mumbled hoping his Hyung wouldn't hear him and his bratty tongue but unfortunately he did and before he could apologize he was greeted by more sweeter words. Both got distracted in their own argument, not hearing the door shut close quietly behind them.

Jimin cautiously made his way outside, away from the noise. This new place that he now calls home, is still new to him and Jimin being Jimin, he had an urge to go and explore his new surroundings. His small feet paddled through the hallways as his curious eyes ogled at every passing portrait, curtains, vases and doors. His small hands skimmed through the silky smooth texture of the crème wall as he hummed a familiar tune his Eomma would sing to him to make him sleep.

Jimin continued to walk pass the expensive antiques only to stop in front of a huge window. He stopped humming as he went a bit closer and sat in front of the clear glass. Both small hands pressed gently against the cold glass window as he admired the view in front of him that reminded him of his cave back at the forest. His hopeful eyes skimmed through the area to see if he could spot his mother but soon realized what Jeongguk had told him. Jimin indeed missed his mother but he was happy as well as safe here with Jeongguk. When he heard Jeongguk tell him that his mother wont be joining them, his naïve mind came up with an answer of his own that his mother was sending him away to live with Jeongguk but she couldn't leave their cave as she had to guard it.

Jimin was too absorbed to notice the dominating footsteps make their way towards him. On the other hand, after receiving a call from Namjoon who told him how Jimin slipped away while Taehyung and him were arguing and was wondering somewhere in the mansion, he didn't waste another minute before dashing out and look for the said male.

Jeongguk stood behind Jimin, confused by his behavior. It was like observing a small child, looking after his needs, making sure he eats and is well. He didn't know he had it in him to care for someone who is that complicated. But something pulled him towards the younger and encouraged him to stick with him and be there for him.

After looking at Jimins dewy eyes, ogling outside with a longing stare he knew what the younger wanted.

"Jimin? What are you doing here?" Jeongguk asked startling him.

Jimin quickly turned towards Jeongguk, giving him a huge smile as he got up and grabbed the edge of his shirt. Jeongguk was already used to Jimin grabbing his shirt so it didn't bother him now, in fact he secretly waited for the younger to give his eye smile and rush towards him and hold his shirt into his small fist.

"w-wak" Jimin stuttered out already knowing the word came out wrong as Jeongguk coughed to hide his smile. He found Jimin very entertaining and adorable. He wasn't used to noticing small gestures but after meeting Jimin his eyes always observe every small gesture, movement and words.