♣️ Chapter 25♣️

Few minutes passed away in silence as Jimin kept on staring at his father with Jeongguk sitting right beside him. Mr. Park was trying to call down his nerves as he chugged the glass of water down his throat. This sudden revelation was a bit too much for him. He never expected to find his son, that too in the arms of Jeongguk.

It wasn't that he wished death upon his wife and son, he wanted to give them a normal life, but few years back, when he wasn't that stable to fight for his family he had no other option but to hide them by faking their own death. He had planned on bringing them back but his search came to a dead end and he has been living with that regret throughout his life.

"I-i... i don't know where to start" Mr. Park began as he handed over his glass to his step son.

"Why not from the part where you left us?" Jimin suggested, anger still clouding his eyes as he tried his best to keep his tears at bay.

"It starts way before that. Back when we were still... together my Business wasn't that strong. I had people breathing down my neck every second of the day with an evident wish to kill me. You're mother wasn't aware of my doings or the threat that was hanging above her because of me. I knew i would be able to gain power in a few years, i was confident enough but i had to hide you both. The sinking of the ship was all planned"

"WHAT! why would you kill so many innocent people!" Jimin cried out as he heard his father spill out the truth. The truth behind his abandonment.

"To save my family of course. The initial plan was to hide you for a few months or a year until im strong enough to protect you both. But it took more than a few months. When i finally was able to achieve it, i searched for you both but couldn't find you-"

"How did you try to find them?" Namjoon asked.

"The locket Jimins wearing has a tracker in it. It was supposed to send a signal but that would have only worked if it was under direct sunlight, powered by the solar energy. But i guess when i tried to find them it wasn't activated and so after a few years i accepted the fact that i had killed you both and lived a life of regret"

"But we did track him" Namjoon added as he looked at Jeongguk asking for permission to share the details, for which he nodded.

"The suitcase you hid there on the island we received a signal one day and thought that was your doing. Jeongguk sneaked inside the island and met with Jimin. So what I don't get is how come we found him but your men didn't when they dropped off that suitcase?" Namjoon questioned him. And everyone silently agreed because that is something to consider.

"He literally found me sprawled on the sand" Jeongguk added, smiling a but as he recalled how ethereal and adorable Jimin looked while offering him a mango. Jimin noticed that smile and looked at him questionably.

"Mango" Jeongguk whispered in a teasing tone making Jimin shy away as he recalled that day as well.

"I don't have the answer to that but my men didn't went with the intentions to find someone, just drop the suitcase. I gave up on finding them a long time ago so why would i keep track of the signal." Mr. Park truthfully answered, even if his own words left a bitter taste behind, it was the sad truth.

There was a awkward silence surrounding the room, caging every person inside. The whole scene is a mess, no one expected for such events to unfold today however a part of them was glad to get the closure they needed, especially Jimin.

"Now what?" Kortagarena asked.

"Its up to Jimin. He decided where we go from here" Jeongguk answered instantly. He wants to give Jimin the freedom to decide.