They're not that bad

I wrote this for caitlyn982653 I hope you like it xx

"Come in then you two, we have to get going so we get there when the place opens," Dianne said, waving excitable Mia and Billy out of her brother's house to the car where Joe was waiting. 

"You sure about this sis?" Brendan asked, from the front door, still in his pyjamas with a coffee in his hand. 

She picked up Mia and Billy's bags, saying,"Yeah, you and Annie take the day, you can't get much time to yourselves these days."

"Thanks again Dot," he said, kissing her cheek. 

"No problem, now go and make me another niece or something," Dianne joked, jogging down the steps off the veranda to the car. 

"Billy Buswell, why is your carseat here and not under your bum?" she asked, taking the carseat from the boot of the car. 

"Auntie Dot, I don't need one," Billy tried to convince her, as he kept moving the seatbelt from in front of his face- clearly too small for the seat. 

"Yes you do, come on, it opens in less than an hour and the journey takes 40 minutes. Joe's driving which means it might take even longer," she said, undoing her nephew's seatbelt, laughing at his frown. 

"Is that right Joe?" Mia asked, avoiding Dianne's kiss.

"Which bit?" Joe said, looking back at them both, his girlfriend having gone to close the boot.

"The bit where Dot said it would take longer because you're driving?" Mia giggled, as her Auntie got back into the car, patting Joe's hand.

"Would I lie?"

"Maybe, if it made you look better. I bet Joe's a better driver than you," Mia said cheekily, making Joe fist pump the air. 

"Yeah, he is because Auntie Dot is awful," Billy agreed, laughing when his auntie sat back and crossed her arms. 

"Aww don't look so sad Di, it's only the truth," Joe said softly, patting her leg, as they were stopped at a traffic light.

"Joseph," Dianne fake gasped, shoving him.

~~~

"Can I have a piggy back?" Billy asked, as they joined the back of the queue to get into the waterpark.

"Course, a shoulder ride or a piggy back?" Joe said, crouching down for Billy.

"You can do shoulder rides?" Billy said in awe, looking at his Auntie for confirmation.

"Joe can carry me Bill, he's super strong," Dianne bigged her boyfriend up, as he lifted Billy onto his shoulders.

"Are you and Joe going to have kids?" Mia asked, holding Dianne's hand.

"Who knows, we've only been in love for a bit more than a year Mi," Dianne said, swinging their hands as they walked forward.

"Yeah but if you get married and stuff will you?"

Joe looked at Dianne smiling, waiting to hear her reply. His reply was a simple one; yes. "I would love kids at some point yes Mia, not yet but in the future."

Joe took her hand subtly and squeezed it tightly. 

"You two both need hats on, are they in the bag?" Dianne asked, noticing it was just she and Joe who had hats on. 

"Do we have to?" Billy asked, as his auntie rifled through their two swimming bags for the hats that she knew her bother packed.

"Don't want your little face and neck to get burnt do we Bill?" she said, passing Joe Billy's bucket hat. She then put a fedora type hat on Mia's head, kissing her cheek once she was done, "beautiful!"