Doctor and Nurse Sugg

Another sic-fic... Sorry, people keep requesting them! I do like writingthem though so I'm not complaining.

This was requested by BriLikesReading I hope you enjoy and I'm so sorry it took a while to get here! xx

On a rainy day in July, Dianne Buswell was curled up under a blanket, on the sofa, feeling sorry for herself. She had only meant to sit down for a minute or so but she had eneded up lying down. You see, from the get go she had felt off and the longer the day went on the worse she was feeling. There wasn't a particular reason she could pick out for feeling ill. She definitely wasn't pregnant and none of her kids had been ill recently. It was frustrating that it had happened that day to boot- Joe was off in London for a day full of meetings, he had left before she woke up and wouldn't be home until very late. This unfortunately meant she was riding solo with their two kids. Thankfully the rain had meant neither of them had requested a trip outside- which she was sure would have snapped her in two. The rain however meant that they had been screaming riot all over the house, completely oblivious to how their mum was feeling. 

"Mummy, can you help me do a puzzle?" Her youngest asked, appearing next to the couch.

"Will Laura not help?" Dianne asked, looking at her son who was buzzing with unspent energy. 

"She said to get you," he replied, poking Dianne's eye when she closed it for- in his opinion- too long.

"Okay, I'm on my way Thomas, what will we do?" Dianne sighed, shivering after she pulled the blanket off her. She stood and closed her eyes to regain her balance, her bones aching. 

"Are you okay Mummy?" Thomas asked, holding onto her hand. 

"Fine my son, right, what puzzle are we doing?" she asked, walking slowly with him into the playroom. 

"Fireman Sam," he said and dumped the puzzle out on the floor in front of her feet. Slowly, with more groaning than usual, Dianne sat down and leaned against the small table they had in the room. 

By the time they had finished her head was spinning, it seemed concentrating on tiny colourful puzzle pieces with an excitable 3 year old wasn't the best thing to do when you aren't feeling well. 

"Can we do more?" Thomas asked loudly once he had packed that one away. 

"How about we go and watch a film? It's your turn to pick isn't it!" she suggested, hoping distracting them with a film would mean that she could have a nap or rest her eyes. 

"Chipmunks!" he shouted, making Dianne wince. Her son had already run off to set up the film so she took the opportunity to, once she had regained her brain, check on Laura and get a jumper for herself. 

Dianne peaked her head around Laura's bedroom door, having pulled Joe's fluffy teddybear jumper, that was nearing 10 years old, on. "Everything going okay my Little?" Dianne asked quietly, being any louder, she feared, would cause her pain. 

"You look green Mummy," Laura said, once she had looked at Dianne. 

"I do? Do you want to come and watch a film with me and Tommy?" Dianne asked, trying to divert the conversation away from how she was looking. 

"Yeah!" she replied and ran downstairs, making Dianne's head spin, how could anybody have that much energy. 

When Dianne got downstairs, both of her kids had commandeered the blanket that she had been cuddled under. It seemed that Thomas had managed to get one of his favourite films playing because they were both enthralled by the movie. Dianne sat down on the sofa next to them and unfurled another blanket, still chilled to the bone. She rotated around and laid down, facing so she could see her kids but still fall asleep. Hopefully if she got an hours rest she'd be able to carry on to bedtime.