Wobble

"Come on Sweetheart," Dianne heard a small voice say, as a hand took hers and pulled her from the mass of people. The cameras had stopped rolling and her rescuer had decided that it was high time the poor professional dancer had a moment to herself away from a live audience and more potential cameras- she could give an interview later.

Numbly Dianne was lead through the corridors, crying less than she had been- but still tearful, to the pro dressing room where, as soon as the door closed a slight frame wrapped her up in a tight hug.

"Janette, he had so much," she let out another sob, shaky hands holding onto her comrade as tight as possible, needing something to grip.

"I know, I'm so shocked, that was a nasty dance off," Janette agreed, rubbing her Di's back. She knew the way Dianne was feeling all to well. Being voted off with Aston had broken her too, because he was so unbelievably incredible at everything and yet the public had cut his time short. She knew the heartache and the frustration, the overwhelming sadness that hits you in the gut because you know you he had so much more to give than 4 dances.

"Do you want to get out of your costume into something more comfortable?" Janette suggested, as the door opened again and Amy came flying in. Amy had registered in Dianne's sadness, being the first one able to get her away from Dev.

"Aims," Dianne turned to her, holding on as tightly as she could, knowing that there was nobody that could comfort her in the building quite like how one person might be able to.

"Di."

"I'll go and get wardrobe Dianne," Janette said.

The strictly costumes on the whole were generally pretty comfortable but Janette could again remember just wanting to take hers off and put some sweats on and just relax and process.

"Do you want to call Joe? Or just let him find out? Is he meeting you here?" Amy asked, as they sat down on the sofa.

"Your voice, you need rest," Dianne said, putting her hand on Amy's face.

"You need cuddles, and you need Joe but until he gets here you have me and Janette when she gets back and I'm sure the others once the cameras and Kim have let them go."

Dianne sighed and fell into Amy's arms again, so glad that she had grown so close with everyone so that she had someone to hold her when she felt pointless and broken. She just stood there sobbing again in Amy's arms, the reality hitting her once more. She knew what dance he had next week, and the week after and the week after. They were exciting and she now had to deal with thought that she would never even choreograph, let alone teach, them.

"I could have done more, I could have focused on his performance rather than getting the steps right and nailing it. I knew that was an issue but I had only just started to take it. He's shy and soft spoken he struggles. I could have done more," Dianne said, watery eyes pulling back to look at Amy who was crying again. On the whole Amy was quite an emotional person and holding her friend as she cried over a matter she had no real control over was hurting her too.

"No, you did everything. Don't blame yourself."

Amy's kindness and tears only added to Dianne's resulting in them in a crying mess, wondering slightly how they got into this situation.

"Alright sweetheart, ready to get this off you?" May, one of Dianne's favourite members of wardrobe, said, coming into the dressing room.

"Definitely," Dianne sniffed, turning for her. There wasn't too much to do to free her, she needed unstitching at a gap in her waist and then one of the straps but other than that May had her out of it and stepping into Joe's joggers and a vest top in 5 minutes.