LIKE Like

This chapter was written for joexdiannee I hope you enjoy it x

Joe excused himself from his group of old school friends, as a selection of the female pros, including his Dianne, made their way into the marquee. He wanted to grab Dianne to introduce her to his friends from back home. He hovered whilst she ordered a gin and tonic and then moved forward again.

"Do you want to come and meet my mates?" He asked, leaning close to her so she could hear him over the music without shouting. She nodded and smiled widely, as he kept his hand on the small of her back, steering them towards the group, who looked a little out of place.

"Dianne meet, Jaimo, Matt, Jonesy and Jack, my friends from back home," Joe said, introducing each of them with a point. Dianne smiled and held out a hand to shake each of theirs.

"So you guys knew Joe when he was growing up then?" She launched straight into a conversation with them. This meant that Joe could zone out a little and watch her. It was the one moment he felt it was alright to indulge in his crush. Or the alcohol at least thought it was.

She looked so beautiful. She had taken some of her makeup off from the show so she looked more natural. Joe loved it when she looked natural, he thought she looked most beautiful all makeup free in training. A smile grew on his face, as the dimple appeared with her amazing laugh.

He was pulled back into the conversation when she asked,"did he actually play rugby then or was he lying?"

Joe laughed, nudging her with his elbow, "oi."

"Yeah, he actually did, although, not going to lie, Jonesy almost crushed him in year 9 so he stopped," Jack explained and Joe could see him doing the exact same thing that Joe had just been doing- checking Dianne out. He felt something bubble up, and laid a protective hand on Dianne's back.

"I'm just going to get another drink Joe, do you want one?" Dianne said, once they had been talking for a while. She put a hand around Joe's shoulder, pulling him towards her, so she could talk without shouting.

"Yeah yeah, erm I'll have a Corona please Di," Joe said, stepping aside so she could leave the circle.

"Mate she is fit. Gorgeous, I'm gonna go and shoot my shot," Jack said, and disappeared before Joe could stop him. It wasn't that he didn't trust his mate, it was that he really really wanted to do exactly what Jack had so easily done.

"I'm just going to rescue Dianne from him, I'm sure she doesn't want Jack to hit on her," Joe excused himself and walked to the bar but not before he got cornered by a familiar Redhead.

"Joe Sugg, I can't believe I managed it," Stacey said, drunkenly hugging him.

"Steady on Dooley," Joe laughed, righting her, "congrats Stace, Di and I loved it."

"I've interrupted something, I can see it in your eyes, sorry," she said and disappeared before Joe knew what was happening.

"Can I just say you're absolutely crackin'," Joe heard Jack say, as he leaned against the bar opposite Dianne who was waiting to be served. Joe watched with jealousy, as a blush creeped up her neck. He curled his fingers up, annoyed that his best friend had had such an effect so quickly. I'll never get that.

"Aww thank you, you're Jonesy right?" Dianne asked, rocking on her heels. Joe felt his heart sore a little bit, glad he hadn't made too much of an impression in the group conversation. He hoped maybe Jack would be put off that she didn't remember his name.

"If you like her so much, why are you letting your friends flirt with her?" A voice said into his ear, as he watched Jack reach out and pat her arm, as he corrected her.