Dot and Fraggle's Car Adventures

Joe tapped his fingers along to the quiet music that was playing in the car as he drove from their home in Wiltshire to the Lake District to attend Tom's wedding. He glanced into the mirror and smiled seeing his baby daughter bopping along to the music.

"Are you enjoying this music Frankie?" Joe cooed quietly, smiling when she nodded.

"Muma," Frankie said, pointing at Dianne.

"Yeah, Mummy's fast asleep isn't she?" Joe said, tucking the blanket around Dianne tighter with one hand.

"Shi-uger sorry Di, I didn't mean to wake you up," Joe said, avoiding swearing, as Dianne woke up.

"I was half awake anyway," Dianne said and stretched, "hi Francesca my love, are you enjoying Daddy's music?" Dianne asked, when Francesca kicked her.

"She's been bopping along the whole time. I'm surprised she's lasted this long, we're about 40 minutes away, it's all windy road from here," Joe said and Dianne sighed.

"Joy! Ready for sick Dot my love?" Dianne said sarcastically, rubbing her eye, sitting up straighter.

"You'll be fine, just look ahead," Joe reassured, patting her leg.

"Wawa," Frankie said repeatedly, doing the sign for water.

"Water Fraggle?" Dianne said, holding a sippy cup back for her.

"We're going to get told off for calling her Fraggle one day," Joe laughed, as Dianne took the cup back.

"Can't help that her hair for the first 6 months was like a Fraggle's, plus it's cute and goes with her name," Dianne returned, trying to focus on the increasingly windy road, already feeling sick from her nap.

"It's when you called her Fraggle Zoe Sugg the other day that I drew a line," this sent the pair into a spiral of laughter at the memory. Francesca saw her parents laughing an joined in doing a fake laugh which only made them laugh more.

"Francesca Zoe what are we going to do with you eh?" Joe said once he had calmed down.

The car descended back into silence, Joe focusing through his increased tiredness at the winds in the road and Dianne focusing on not hurling chunks all over the dashboard. The silence was broken by Frankie's coughs and then a whimper and then the sound of a 10 month old vomiting everywhere.

"Pull over Joe, she's just spewed all over," Dianne said, looking back at a dazed Francesca.

"And the winner for car sickness is Frankie Zo, well done," Joe said, plucking his daughter from the car seat, holding her out as she threw up again.

"I'm not so sure," Dianne said, leaning over, gripping her stomach and the door of the car.

"Oh dear," Joe cooed, as he rubbed Dianne's back, "poor mummy and poor Francesca."

"Giver her some water Joe," Dianne said, gulping in air.

"She's good, I'll sort her in a second, are you okay?" Joe asked, kissing her temple.

"I knew it was coming, I was about to ask you to pull over," Dianne sighed, they had discovered she got quite car sick and she seemed to have passed it onto Francesca.

"Oh well, not a bad place to throw up my babies," Joe said, looking out at the view, giving Frankie her sippy. "Still feel rough?" He asked his wife, when she put her head on his shoulder. Dianne nodded and leaned back over, losing her lunch again.

"Muma," Francesca cried, reaching for Dianne.

"Mummy's feeling poorly my sweetheart, just like you, will a Daddy hug you?" Joe asked, moving his baby around to lay her on his shoulder, unbothered by the vomit down her front.