Very Out of Place

This was written for JoeamdDianne I hope you like it and it meets your expectations xxx

This seemed like a good idea but now I'm actually here I'm not as sure. Ooh he looks nervous. Out of place like me, come on Stace introduce yourself.

"Hi, I'm Stacey," the Lutonion introduced herself to the slight boy who looked even more out of place than her. He had dirty blonde hair and bright blue eyes that had a hint of terror in them.

"Yeah, Stacey Dooley right, you're a journalist? I'm Joe, Joe Sugg I erm, I, this is weird but I'm a erm YouTuber. I make videos and post them online." The guy said back holding out his hand.

"That's cool. How did you get into that?"

And that was it, the start of an unlikely friendship between two people who shared the common feeling that they were very out of place. Stacey watched the shy boy grow in front of her very eyes, particularly epitomising the word journey that seemed to be associated with Strictly. She also got the pleasure of watching another relationship form, though this one was all the more harder to see.

"Neil Jones, you're meant to be a dancer, what was that?" Stacey called across the room, affectionately called the star bar, at the other ginger who had just done a dance that could only be described as a merry jig.

He waved her over, "come and look." He was biting his lip, clearly trying to stop a grin forming on his face.

Stacey raised an eyebrow but left the kettle, walking over to see what he was so clearly pissing his pants about. When she got to his side she looked around wondering when Neil might point out whatever he was excited about. They were stood in the middle of the star bar in amongst the various cushy chairs that were set out for extra friends and family to watch them dance on a TV screen.

"Look," he was whispering now, pointing to a white sofa behind them. The Lutonion turned on the spot and had to hold in her gasp of excitement as she finally saw what Neil was pointing at.

Two of her favourite people, Joe, the first person she ever spoke to and now a firm friend in every sense of the word and Lady Di, who was one of the loveliest people she had ever met. The weren't just sat there though, they were laying on opposite ends of the sofa the other's feet next to their head. Dianne had tucked her foot behind his back, and Stacey could see that Joe had made room for her. His feet were balanced on the edge so that she had enough room to curl up.

"That's cute," Stacey commented, noting that Joe's hand was on her leg.

"Yeah he just did that, Vick and I thought we'd woken him up but all he did was put his hand on her leg in his sleep. Katya and I don't even nap together on a sofa," Neil commented, the pair moving away so they could talk and worry less that they would wake them up.

"Do you think something's going on then?" She knew that Joe was sine bug she wasn't sure about Dianne. She would be very happy if there was something though because the pair definitely suited each other.

"Could be, they're both single aren't they? Imagine! A 2018 Strictly romance! And with those two. Joe is so good to her, she comes across as all loud and strong but I think Joe's got to see the other side to her. I think, whether they're together or not, Di's let Joe in."

"I'm trying so hard not to be excited but if they are, of it is anything it's so damn cute."

~~~

Stacey was sat in her dressing room in silence going over the steps in her head when she heard something that sparked her attention. It was coming from the room next door and she couldn't help but lean her head back, glad her sofa was pushed against the far wall.