Chapter 2

Alice:

When we got back to our room, Elliot and Lexie were asleep on the bed they shared.

Oz went to wake them up but I stopped him.

"Let them sleep for a little while longer." 

He nodded and went to the kitchen as I walked over to Lexie's side of the bed. I stood there for a few seconds before deciding to wake her up. 

"Lexie..." I whispered as I shook her shoulder gently. "Lexie, c'mon. You gotta get up." 

No matter how many times I told her to get up, she wouldn't budge. 

I sighed. "We found Lacie and the others."

She shot up, hitting Elliot in the face in the process, which woke him up. 

"Ow.." He mumbled.

"Where are they? Tell me!" She said in a hurry. 

I sighed again. "We didn't actually find them. I just said that to get you up." 

She glared at me and mumbled, "Bitch..." 

"Well, Lexie. What do you want me to do?! You and I both have been working our asses off, looking for Lacie and the others. So tell me. What exactly do you want me to do?!" 

She got off the bed and glared at me. Her eyes were....Red...? 

I stood up, pissed. Alice seemed kind of scared.

"I want you to stop using that as an excuse to get me up." 

"You're eyes are red..." Alice mumbled.

"Of course they are! I'm tired." 

"No, I mean, the iris. It's red." 

My eyes widened. "What?" 

I rushed to the bathroom, only to find Alice was right.

I stared at my eyes in the reflection of the mirror. "What is happening to me...?"