Chapter 13

As soon as I said his name, he smiled. Then laughed and hugged me. 

"My baby sister." He whispered.

I just hid my face in his shoulder. When he let me go, I asked, "Where are the others?" 

"They're in a hotel. Lacie's really emotional right now so I think seeing you will help." 

"Can you take me there?" 

"Of course." 

~...~

We got to the hotel room in about 20 minutes. Gabe let me go in first, followed by Alice, Oz, and Elliot, then himself. 

From the looks of things, everyone seemed to be comforting Lacie, who was sitting on one of the beds with her face in her hands.

I whispered her name and she looked up. 

"Lexie...?" 

She got up, startling everyone, and attacked me in a hug.

"You're alive...." She mumbled into my shoulder.

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" 

"I'll explain later..." She mumbled as she let go of me. 

She pushed my bangs to the side so they weren't hiding my right eye. I then remembered that my eyes were red and hid my face. 

"No. I haven't seen you in so long. Please..." 

I hesitantly looked back at her. 

"You grew up so much..." 

"Yeah...In a lot of ways..." I mumbled.

"What do you mean?" 

"N-Nothing." I stuttered out as I rubbed my wrist. 

That movement didn't go unnoticed by Lacie though. She frowned at me and roughly grabbed the wrist I'd been rubbing.

"Ow! Lacie!" 

Once she pulled my sleeve back, she gasped. I yanked my arm back. 

"You...You cut yourself..." She gasped out. 

"It became unbearable." 

"What became unbearable!?" 

"The fact that I thought you all were dead! The fact that I was beaten and raped by my ex! I needed an escape..." 

"But you cut yourself..." 

"Yeah. And you know what the worst part is? I have to live with these scars. I have to see them every single day! And there is nothing I can do about it. But there's also a good side to it. I haven't cut in two years. I was 14 the last time I cut. I am constantly made fun of because, before he left me, my ex told EVERYONE at my school that I cut and my family threw me into an orphanage because they didn't want me. I have to hear about it everyday! Do you have any idea how much it hurts?"

 By this point, I was crying. 

"I feel like I'm dying, everyday, faster and faster. I have black and blue stars circling my body. My eyes turned red in Texas. After we went out looking for you guys that night, I lost Elliot and ran into an alley. While I was there, I killed a man. With my hands! I mauled him! Whatever I'm turning into, it's not good..." 

"Lexie...I...I'm sorry..." Lacie whispered. 

"I'm so scared. For the first time in my life since the murder, I am scared. I have no idea what I'm becoming." 

"Well, I think the best thing we can do is wait till you're done changing." 

I just nodded. I'm getting tired of hearing that. I walked past Lacie to the others, only to be attacked by Jack.

I hugged him back for a few seconds, then tried to get him off me. 

"Jack, please let go of me." 

He hesitated but let me go. I smiled at him, then went to the others. Gabriel hugged me first. Then Luke, Sadie and Emily hugged me. 

"We missed you, Lexie." Gabe said and ruffled my hair. 

"Aye...Don't touch my hair..." I mumbled while I tried to fix my hair while Gabe chuckled. 

I glared at him then sat down on the bed Jack was on. 

"So...What do you guys wanna do?" 

"I think you should tell us what you've been doing for the past how many years." Gabriel said. 

Shit...