Chapter 11

Lacie:

Gabriel had said Lexie's scent led to Ohio instead of Indiana. So, we're now in Ohio searching for Lexie. We'd found traces of her scent but we hadn't found her yet. Every time we found a trace of her scent, Luke, Sadie and Emily get giddy with excitement over the fact that we're so close to finding her. 

Gabe and Gabriel were out searching for Lexie, while Luke, Jack, Sadie and Emily waited with me in the hotel room. 

I sighed as I started playing with my knife. 

"We're gonna find her...Right?" I heard Jack ask.

"Yes, Jack. We'll find her." 

About five minutes after I said that, the door opened and in came Gabe followed by Gabriel. 

I stood up. "Did you find her?"

Gabriel shook his head."Just more traces of her scent." 

"Fuck!" I chucked my knife at the floor. "We're so fuckin' close. So close to finding her." I whimpered out. 

I felt something wet trail down my cheek. Great...

"Lacie...You're crying!" I heard Jack say.

I ignored him and sat on the bed and cried. 

I heard someone walk over to me and pull my hands away from my face. I saw a dark grey trench coat, and new it was Gabe. 

"Lacie. We'll find her. I know we will." He said as he hugged me. 

I sighed. "If she's here, then why haven't we found her?" I asked through my teeth. 

"Maybe she's in hiding." Luke said. 

"I doubt it, Luke. It doesn't sound like Lexie to go into hiding." 

"Yeah, true." Luke agreed. 

I sighed again. "Let's just keep looking for her. Hopefully, we find her soon."