Chapter 10

I woke up to find myself alone on the bed. I looked over at the bed that Alice and Oz shared and found it empty. I got up from the bed, only to fall to the ground in pain. A sharp pain in my abdomen again. Except this time, the pain was so bad, I lost the ability to breathe. 

I lay there for about 15 minutes in the fetal position, gasping for air while clutching at my abdomen as the pain spread to my back, chest and the base of my neck. 

Once the pain faded enough, I was able to crawl to the bathroom. By the time I had gotten to the bathroom, the pain had gone away completely. 

I stood up slowly. Once I was on my feet, I took off my t-shirt, which just so happened to be Elliot's. I found a pattern of black and blue stars tattooed on me, starting at my right hip, going around my abdomen and back, continuing under my bra and stopping at the base of my neck.

I jumped when I heard a muffled yell of my name. I quickly put my shirt back on and walked out of the bathroom.

"There you are. Had me worried for a minute." Elliot said as he walked over to hug me.

I put a hand on his chest to stop him. "Where the hell were you guys?" 

"We were out looking for Lacie and the others." Alice said as she sat on the bed.

"Yeah, I told them you woke up in the middle of the night due to a nightmare and we decided to let you sleep in." Elliot said. 

"Oh. Um...Alice...Could I speak to you?" 

"Uh, yeah, sure." She follows me into the bathroom. 

"What's wrong?" She asks. 

"I have tattooed stars on my abdomen, chest and neck." 

Alice frowned. "Is this just another thing you've hidden from Ryan and Brandon?" 

"What? No!" I took my shirt off to show her.

Alice and I have been friends since I moved in with Ryan and Brandon. We would change in front of each other at practice or at sleep overs. So it wasn't really that big of a deal with Alice and me.

"I honestly have no idea what's happening to you. We just need to wait till your change is over." 

"That's what Elliot said..." I mumbled. 

"Hmm...He also told me and Oz that you feel like you're dying faster than normal. That you can feel it. That can happen with some angels. Don't worry about it." 

I nodded. "Mmk." 

"Alright. Now, c'mon. The boys and I have something to tell you." 

I gave her a confused look but put my shirt back on and followed her Alice out of the bathroom.