Chapter 4

After I'd snapped back to reality, I realized what I was doing...But it was too late. 

"I...Wha...I-I..Killed him...I mauled him..." 

I was horrified. I just killed a man with my bare hands...

What am I becoming? 

I backed away from the body that was still frozen to the wall, covered in blood, staring at my hands. When my back hit the wall, I slid down the wall to the ground and started crying.

"What have I done?" I mumbled as I put my face in my hands. 

I heard footsteps and looked up.

"Elliot..." 

Elliot:

When Lexie heard me, she looked up with bloody tears running down her face and said one thing.

"Elliot..." 

I rushed over to her and gathered her in my arms, trying to calm her down.  

She looked so broken...

"Shh...Hey, look at me. What happened?" I asked gently

She pointed to the body on the wall that was covered in blood.

"What about it?" I asked as I looked back at her. 

"I-I did it..." She mumbled and started crying again. "I'm a monster.."

"Hey, hey. You're not a monster. You're just changing. It'll be okay." 

She shook her head and pushed me away. "It won't be okay! I'm a monster! I killed someone! Who would ever love someone like me?" 

"Me! I'd love you no matter what you are! Do you remember the first promise I ever made you?" She nodded."What was it?" 

She sniffled, then answered. "That'd you'd always protect me." 

"Right. No. Matter. What. Okay?" 

She nodded and crawled back into my arms. I stood up and walked back to the hotel room, holding her close to me the whole way.