Chapter 17

Elliot:

I just stood there. Lexie was dead. 

We only dated for four months...And now she's gone. 

Alice:

My best friend is...Gone...I turned away, unable to look at the body that used to be my best friend. 

Her wings were limp and the color had dulled to grey. The color drained from her face. 

She's dead...

Oz:

I just stared at Lexie while Alice turned away. 

The girl who had introduced me to Alice and helped us start dating...She was dead. I couldn't believe it. 

I turned away to comfort Alice.

Lacie:

The others and I just stood and stared. We stared at what used to be our baby sister. We stared at what was now a corpse with grey wings. I put my hand up, ready to make Lexie's body disappear, when she started breathing again.

The color in her wings and face came back as she opened her eyes. 

"What happened? Who are you?" She asked as she sat up.

I grabbed Elliot's arm before he could move. "Be careful. She might not remember us at first. She looks like she completed her transformation." 

"Lexie...? I'm your boyfriend, do you remember me?" 

Lexie stared at Elliot and the rest of us until she nodded and stood up. 

"I remember all of you. Everyone but her." 

She pointed at me.