Chapter 5

Elliot had told Alice and Oz what I did. I locked myself in the bathroom. I hadn't left since Elliot and I had gotten back to the room, which was about an hour ago. They tried to get me out, but I wouldn't leave. 

I'd killed a man with my bare hands. I'm disgusted with myself. And terrified. I stood up from my seat on the toilet lid and looked in the mirror. My eyes are still red.

I sighed. Then something sharp had scratched my tongue. 

"Ow..." I mumbled.

I turned back to the mirror to see what the sharp thing was and saw fangs. I stared at my reflection in disbelief. 

I slowly backed away from the mirror and called for Elliot. A few seconds later, he came bursting in, nearly breaking down the door.

"What? What's wrong? What happened?" 

"I...Have fangs..." 

"What?" He asked in disbelief. 

I showed him the fangs and the cut on my tongue. "What's happening to me, Elliot? Cause I don't think I'm changing for the better." 

"I-I don't know...Let's get Alice." He said and grabbed my arm and led me out of the bathroom. 

"Alice, Lexie has fangs now. Could you please explain to us what's happening?" 

Alice stood up as she started talking. "Well, there's only one type of angel that has fangs." 

"Which is?" I asked, kind of impatient. 

Alice sent me a glare as she continued. "They're called vampire angels. But there hasn't been any for thousands of years. Our ancestors got rid of them all a long time ago. So I doubt you're a vampire angel." 

I hesitated. "...But what if I am? What if our ancestors had somehow forgotten a vampire angel? What would we do then?" 

Alice sighed. "I don't know. We're just gonna have to wait till you're done changing. 

"Okay..." I mumbled. 

I'd been sitting on my and Elliot's bed so I laid down. Elliot had sat down next to me and started rubbing my ribs in a soothing manner. It's a habit of his, now, when we're both stressed. 

I heard Alice sigh again and looked up at her. 

She was looking at her phone. "We need to leave in three hours." 

I took my phone out of my pocket and checked the time. Four in the morning. 

"We should try to get some sleep." Oz mumbled as he frowned at the floor. 

I sat up on the bed. "I dunno if I can sleep, on account of what just happened not even an hour ago." 

Oz sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "At least try..." 

"You know what, Oz. If you didn't wanna do this, you didn't have to come along." 

"It's not that I don't wanna do this; it's the fact that I am extremely tired."

Alice cut in before I could start yelling. "Okay, look, we're all tired and we need to rest before we head off to Ohio. So let's just try to get a good three hour's sleep, okay?" 

We all nodded and laid down. After I got comfortable in Elliot's arms, I ended up falling asleep n a matter of minutes, thanks to Elliot gently rubbing my back. 

I hope Ohio is better than Texas.