Chapter 3

After Elliot and I had gotten dressed, we went out to look for Lacie and the others. I hadn't been focusing though. I'd been thinking about how my eyes turned red. They wouldn't turn back to the bright blue-grey they used to be. 

"Lexie!" I heard Elliot yell, which snapped me out of my thoughts just in time to avoid the pole I was about to run into. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Elliot asked.

"Yeah....Yeah, I'm fine." 

"Do you wanna go back to the room?" He asked, concerned.

"No!", he jumped, "I will find my brothers and sisters, even if it kills me!" 

I walked off.

Elliot:

After Lexie yelled at me, she walked off. I sighed and went after her. 

I'm starting to worry about her. She's changing. But I don't know if she's changing for the better or for the worse.

I dunno for how long but I'd been muttering to myself. I'd stopped walking and started pacing in a dark alley. 

I heard footsteps and whirled around. 

"Heyyy...What's cute lil' girl like you doin' out here all alone?" 

Oh, great...Just what I needed. A drunk. I felt my gaze darken. 

"They quiet type, eh? Thas alright." he slurred. 

He started walking towards me so I started backing up, a glare still on my face. With every step forward he took, I took a step back until my back hit a wall. 

He cornered me, arms on each side of me. I wasn't afraid though. I knew what to do. 

"Get! The fuck! Off me!!" I yelled.

As I shoved  him, ice shot out of my hands. The guy grunted as he came in contact with the other wall. 

He was frozen to the wall, the only thing not covered by ice being his head. He was scared now. I could see it in his eyes. Fear...I smirked then growled to scare him more.

"W-what a-are you...?" He asked as he struggled. 

I didn't bother to answer. I just snarled and jumped. 

Elliot:

I lost her. Shit! 

"Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!!" This isn't good. This is not good.

A few minutes after I stopped to catch my breath, I heard a snarl, followed by a scream.

"Oh,no.." I took off in the direction of the snarl, hoping I wasn't too late.