Chapter 16

When I woke up, I heard quiet voices. 10 voices. Lacie and the others had come over to talk to Alice, Oz and Elliot. I acted like I was still asleep and listened to their conversation. 

"You're right, Alice; she's a vampire angel. Our ancestors left a vampire angel untouched. It was supposed to be held captive, but it got out. We knew she was a vampire angel when we took her in. But the problem is, she's not strong enough to complete her transformation. She'll die in the end, if not half way through." 

"Isn't there a way to stop her from dying?" I heard Elliot ask, his voice panicked. 

"Yes, but it will also stop her transformation. There's really no point since she'll just continue the transformation 100 years from now." Emily said. 

"100 years? Angels don't die?" Oz asked.

"No, not unless they commit suicide, they're killed or they don'r survive the transformation. Lexie has been alive for centuries, as we all have, including Alice. They've had families, grown old, and made to look like they died, but then they relocate, and start anew." Gabriel answered. 

"And even if we wanted to stop it, we can't. She's put it off for too long. And every time she puts it off, she loses her memory." Like says. 

"Anyway. Point being. We can't stop it. She's being forced to change because she's put it off for 5,000 years." Jack said. 

After Jack said that, I gasped out in pain. 

"Lexie!" Elliot said 

"Don't touch her!" Lacie yelled. 

"She's dying." Sadie mumbled. "We just got her back." 

At that moment, I screamed in pain.

"Elliot..." I whimpered. 

"You're gonna be okay, Lexie." 

I shook my head. "I'm dying..." 

I could feel my breath slowly fading. It wasn't long before everything went black.