Chapter 14

I sighed. "Where do I start? Um...I moved in with Ryan and Brandon when I was 10. Before that, I had bounced from home to home, either because the family didn't want me or thought I was a freak. About a week after I moved in with Ryan and Brandon, I met Alice. She stood up for me when I was being made fun of. We've been best friends ever since. Most people think she and I are sisters..." I smiled as I remembered the time we met Oz and he asked if we were sisters.

"After that, Alice and I met Oz. It was basically love at first sight for Alice. She would always talk about him and how cute he was." 

I looked at Alice and saw her blushing. "That was supposed to be a secret!" 

I laughed. "Anyway. It got to the point where I wanted to do something about it. So, I made sure they sat together all the time and they eventually started dating. About a year after that, I met Vincent...." Just his name sends a chill up my spine. "At first, we were friends...But then we started dating. He treated me with such care...My foster mom died a few months after he and I started dating. He thought I'd feel better if he and I had sex...But I didn't want to so I put up a fight. But he forced me, he..." I stopped and clenched my hands. I took a shaky breath and continued. 

"I had my virginity taken by force. I'd continued to cut until the age of 14. I'd gotten into fights and still had nightmares. When I turned 15, the fighting died down to a minimum. When I turned 16, the nightmares and fighting stopped entirely, until recently. A few months ago, Vincent came back. He thought I still loved him but I told him that he and I ended after he raped me. He cornered me and mumbled something in my ear. I told him to get off but he wouldn't so I stomped on his foot. He called me a bitch and started beating me. He kicked me so much that I had three broken ribs, a scratched up face and a sprained wrist. I went to the hospital, got out the next day. After that, I started dating Elliot. And here we are." I sighed.

Gabe, being the protective older brother, looked at Elliot. "You better treat her right" He warned.

Elliot nodded. 

"Well, what about you guys? What have you been up to?" 

"Nothing really. We were just looking for you." Lacie said. 

"Oh. Well, that sounds boring." 

"Not when you have your wings." Gabriel smiled.

"Speaking of wings, we wanna see yours." Sadie said.

"But you guys already know what they look like." Gabriel said, confused.

Lacie smacked the back of his head. "Not you, you putz. Lexie." 

I giggled and stood up. I let out a breath and heard the flutter of my wings. I looked behind me to see my black wings out-lined in blood red.

"Whoa..." Jack whispered.

Everyone looked shocked. I guess it's their first time seeing wings like mine...? 

"Can you fly?" Luke asked.

"No. Not yet. And I can't use my powers yet either. I don't even know what they are." 

"Oh." Luke kinda pouted.

I yawned then nodded. "Well, Alice, Oz, Elliot and I should get back to our room. We'll see you guys tomorrow, right?" 

Lacie came over to hug me. "Don't worry. We won't leave you. I promise." 

I smiled and hugged her back. It's nice to have my siblings back.

~...~

When Elliot, Oz, Alice and I got back to our room, I flopped down on the bed Elliot and I shared and sighed.

"What's wrong?" Alice asked. 

I sat up. "Nothing...For once, nothing is wrong." 

Alice smiled. I yawned again. 

"I'm so tired..." I mumbled and laid down. 

Elliot came over and laid down next to me. 

"Yeah, we should get some sleep" I heard Alice say after I closed my eyes.

"Mhm..."I mumbled.

I felt Elliot kiss my head. I then fell asleep.