CHAPTER 20

I had to go to the hospital. I called the nurse again and asked for the address of the hospital. She recited the address to me and from the tone of her voice she was obviously beefing me. I don't blame her, I was really rude. I gave myself some pep talk before finally heading off to the hospital.

At the reception, I just told the nurse I was Barry's wife which caused me to cringe so hard I almost slapped myself but I controlled myself. she quickly called the doctor in charge of Barry. He accepted to see me because he was not busy. The nurse led me to the office and knocked thrice before we received a response to come in.
He looked up from his computer and I was stunned. He was younger than who I was imagining. He gave me a smile and gestured for me to sit, the nurse left and I was left alone with the handsome doctor.

"You're Barry's wife?" The doctor asked. I gave a very slow nod, it physically hurt to admit I was married to an abomination. But I had to play the role of a supportive wife, so I could get into his room and cut some hair.

"It's a miracle your husband is alive Ma'am. He fought for his life unlike any other patient I have ever seen, obviously he has something to live for" the doctor said with a smile. I smiled back not trying to correct his false impression on who Barry was fighting for. He fought to survive for his mistress and son definitely not me.

"I however have some bad news" the doctor said calmly. My heart dropped to my stomach. Did he die? No he can't die.

"Is he still alive?" I asked genuinely concerned.

"Yes he is, he is recovering very well" the doctor calmed my nerves. I took a deep breath and relaxed.

"So what is the bad news?" Now I was just curious, as long as he's alive, I don't care about his general welfare.

"Your husband, well your husband has amnesia" he finally revealed.

Is that even possible?? Amnesia?? Why of all people to have amnesia it had to be Barry.

"He has what now?? When will he recover? What does he remember? Are you sure it's amnesia? What are his chances of..."

"Please calm down. He will definitely recover but I can't tell when exactly. You just need to help him remember somethings. He only knows his name and nothing else" the doctor answered my questions.

Now I'm stuck with him. How do I get him to sign the divorce papers if he doesn't remember anything?? Why must everything that happens to me be extra. I just wanted to scream out in frustration.

"Can I see him?" I asked the doctor. He gave a sad smile and nodded. A nurse was called in and I was led to the room. The whole time before getting to the room,I held my breath. I had to control my anger and not throttle him on sight. I had to stay calm enough to get his hair and run.

The nurse opened the door quietly and stepped aside for me to step in first. I breathed out and step inside. I thought he was going to be hooked up to countless wires, his legs broken beyond repair and everything on his body destroyed but that was not the case. His was bandaged up though but nothing looked out of the ordinary except his swollen face. I almost pitied the bastard.

"I'll be down the hall if you need anything" the nurse said and left closing the door behind her.

I had no time to dilly-dally, I quickly brought out the scissors from my purse and got closer to cut what I needed. The bandage on his head really obstructed my work and I had to push the bandage up to snip some strands poking out.

"What are you doing?"