CHAPTER 26

I glared at the sobbing woman till she gave a nod and kept holding her cheeks.

"I have to ask you to leave Mrs Selena" the doctor pointed at the door with a stern look on his face.

I scoffed loudly and looked at Barry. I raised one eyebrow at him and kept my hand on my waist.

"Doctor please can you leave us, I want to talk to my wife please" Barry spoke. To my utter surprise.

"Are you sure?" The Doctor asked warily eyeing me as if he didn't trust me. Barry gave a nod and the Doctor left, the nurses of course followed him and then we were three.

"Didn't you hear him? Leave us!" Selena number 2 yelled. She didn't move an inch from Barry's side.

"You're not my wife" Barry Snapped at her but she wasn't looking at him so yea she thought he was talking to me.

"Yes you're not his wife. Go away" She was making a complete fool of herself.

I didn't say anything, I just watched them unimpressed. I didn't have time for this.

"I was talking to you Woman. Please leave us" Barry snapped at her. Her jaw dropped and her eyes welled up with more tears.

"Barry Baby" she muttered with a pout"

"Get out of here and stop making things worse for me. Whatever happened with you must have been a mistake. Just go" Barry was angry and his mistress was bawling. If only I could film this.

"It's all your fault. What did you feed him you diabolical bitch?" She charged towards me angrily.

Whatever her motive was I didn't get to know because I grabbed her by the neck when she got close enough and punched her square in the face before allowing her to stumble and fall. It's safe to say I broke her nose.

"I warned you didn't I?" I wanted to punch her till she became unconscious, but she quickly started crawling out of the room.

"You'll pay for this" she shouted outside the room. The sound of her heels clicking the ground so fast was a clear indication that she was running. What a wimp.

"Oya you sign" I looked down at the document that was now squeezed up.

"From what I just heard today, I know I wasn't a good husband to you. I don't know why I would ever do that you, but I did and I'm sorry" he said sincerely.

"Now that you've apologised what has it changed? Sign this thing let me be on my way. What's your deal? Have you forgotten how to sign too? Just write your name on the dotted line with that pen" 

All this while, he hurt me non stop, hurt my daughter mercilessly now he was finally saying sorry. I thought I needed to hear an apology but now that I've gotten it didn't wipe away years of emotional torment.

"At least let me see my daughter before I sign her away forever please" he begged. For the first time in my life I saw Barry close to tears.

"You will never see her again in your life. Except she wills it. Your mistress has a son for you and he was always enough for you. You're wasting my time here" I looked at the watch I was not  wearing. If only I knew getting a signature was this much work, I would have brought lunch.

"Can you please put yourself in my shoes? I don't know who I am then I find out I'm married, only to have my wife request for a divorce. I even have children. Please Selena let me recover and gain my memory before you strip me bare again" with teary eyes he begged.

"You must be a mad man. I should empathize with you? After what you did to me? In our twelve years of marriage you cheated on me for six years. Now you want me to pause my life for you. Would  you have done the same for me? If they sent you tell them you did not see me. Sign this thing before I force your hand because trust me I will"

His tears escaped his eyes but he quickly cleaned it. With shaky hands, he picked up a pen and signed.

I was finally free.