CHAPTER 22

The dinner I had wasn't enough to satiate my hunger, I just wanted to stress eat but I held myself together. I had to talk to my mom and I didn't want to have the itis.

Mariana soon yawned indicating she was getting tired.

"Time for bed sweetheart" my mom said softly and helped her up before leading her to bed.

I just sat silently waiting for my mother. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I was almost falling asleep when I was nudged awake.

"I wasn't sleeping" I said defensively

My mom rolled her eyes and gave me a sarcastic response "sure you weren't. Go to your room and sleep, don't give yourself unnecessary backache"

"I was waiting for you actually. I need to talk to you mom" I said softly.

"Talk to me about what?" She stood akimbo waiting for my reply. Mama was ready to fight.

"I need your help. It's about Barry" I confessed

"What is new about this Barry situation? Did you find out he has other mistresses and children? Is he dead? Is he begging for forgiveness? Tell me Selena what? I have exhausted  my patience for this  situation. I cannot help you" she was about to storm out but I quickly grabbed her, giving her an unrequited hug.

"Selena get off me"

"Not happening. I did listen to you Mum, I was just so scared, I was a coward. I don't know why I was so scared of being single, maybe I was hoping he'd change and come back to me. I don't know what caused my temporary lack of sense to do what needed to be done but I've done it now mom" I explained myself

"You're officially divorced?" The pride in her voice was more than the one in her voice when I told her I was pregnant. She hugged me immediately gently rubbing my back.

"You're a strong woman my daughter" she praised. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that's exactly what I'm about to be.

"Not yet. I just met with a lawyer and we discussed" I mumbled.

My mom pulled me from her and looked me in the eye. I smiled sheepishly forcing her to sigh.

"At least you made a move." She shrugged and took a seat. I sat opposite her and gave a nod. I really did make a move.

"What did the lawyer say?" She asked with a serious face.

"We agreed to start the process after Barry recovers so we can divide the assets, however I need to get a DNA test to prove Mariana is actually Barry's daughter to make her eligible to inherit and other stuff. I went to the hospital too, Barry has amnesia so I don't know when he'll recover and undergo the whole divorce thing and I can't get any sample from him to do the DNA test. I need your help" I ended my speech and awaited a reply.

"What do you need my help for? You seem to have everything sorted out" my mom said after a long moment of silence.

"What?? You have to help me, how do I get samples for DNA and how do I make that bastard remember to speed up the divorce" I exclaimed.

My mother just stared at me. She looked at me from the crown of my head to the soles of my feet.

"Say something please" I begged.

"I need clarity on something first. Have you taken leave of your senses?" Her question shocked me. I was about to reply when she continued.

"Selena please tell me, do you think Mariana wants anything to do with that man again?? What can she possibly inherit from that man that you cannot give her? You want to sacrifice your peace of mind for assets, then again, what asset does Barry own that is so enticing and you want to wait for him to recover so you can get it. Tell me Selena I want to know. Is it buildings? How many houses did your father leave for you?? How many will I leave for you?? Is it his company? The one you already practically own? His money? The one he doesn't have or even if he does have money, Selena your are a bloody millionaire.What more do you want???" She snapped.

"Revenge!! I want him to pay" I snapped back.