Chapter 1

Assassins' Strip Club
Chapter 1
Eren

'I took a little journey to the unknown
And I come back changed, I can feel it in my bones
I fucked with the forces that our eyes can't see
Now the darkness got a hold on me
Holy darkness got a hold on me'

"Another dawn, another day." I mumble, reaching my arm off to turn the volume of my phone up as I sit up and stretch.

Damn.

Twenty-One.

For once, I'm thankful I don't have a roommate because I'm sure they'd be pouncing on me right about now, especially if it was Jean. That guy never knew when to shut up. Today is my twenty first birthday, I'm not as stoked as I probably should be, but I'm feeling good. I hop out of bed, throwing the covers back into position but not bothering to make the bed.

'Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh'

I hum along to the music, dancing light footedly to the bathroom. I get a text, but I ignore it. It's probably just Armin asking me if I'm coming down to the coffee shop. I always do so I don't really get why he has to ask. He's always a bit on the anxious side though so I try my best to reply to him posthaste. Not today though, today is a me day.

'La-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da'

I tap my foot as I take a piss, throwing my briefs off and leaving them in a pile on the floor. I remind myself, for the fifth day in a row, to clean that up. I wash my hands and get to brushing my teeth, chuckling at the way my messy hair shakes as I bob my head.

'Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh

La-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da'

I spit and wash out my mouth and step right into the shower, turning the water as hot as it can go and allowing it to turn my back red before turning it down to a more reasonable temperature. That outta wake me up, I chuckle.

'How long, baby, have I been away?
Oh, it feels like ages though you say it's only days
There ain't language for the things I've seen, yeah
And the truth is stranger than my own worst dreams
The truth is stranger than all my dreams
Holy darkness got a hold on me'

I finish my shower and step out, walking out of the bathroom and back into the main room stark naked, allowing myself to air dry. I dig through my drawers, throwing clothes aside. I find a nice grey t-shirt and pull it on. It has a cute little pocket on the breast which I place my lucky penny in. It's from the year I was born, 1996.

'I have seen what the darkness does
(Say goodbye to who I was)
I ain't never been away so long
(Don't look back, them days are gone)
Follow me into the endless night
(I can bring your fears to life)
Show me yours and I'll show you mine
(Meet me in the woods tonight)'

I pull on some briefs, faded blue skinny jeans, black socks, and my overused pair of artsy white converse, each shoe covered in colorful doodles. I grab what Jean had dubbed as my 'hipster shoulder bag' and sling it over my head. I check the contents to make sure everything is still there.

Keys-check
Digital Camera-check
Polaroid Camera-check
Wallet-check
Energy Bars-check
Notebook and pen-check
Pocket Knife-check
Flashlight-check

Hey, it never hurts to be prepared.

'Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh
La-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da
Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh
La-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da-Da'

I walk over and grab my phone, plugging in my earbuds and allowing the song to continue. I open the window to allow the sunlight inside and smile as it lights up my walls, each one covered in photos I've taken. If you haven't guessed, I'm a photography student and I take great pride in my work. My professor seems to like it as well, says I have a 'unique style,' but my peers usually regard my photos as 'unnecessarily morbid'. I don't let it bother me.