chapter seven

Billy's POV

I was jolted awake by a loud bang, startling my savior whose arms I was still in.

"Well, doesn't this look cozy." I blushed deeply at Wanda's words, scrambling out of Tim's arms. "Oh, no, don't let me interrupt. I just came to let you know everyone else has headed home but you two are more than welcome to stay for longer."

"Thanks Wanda, now if you don't mind..." Tim nodded towards the door and Wanda winked before sashaying away, closing the balcony door with a soft click. Tim turned to me with a shy expression, rubbing the back of his neck and avoiding eye contact. "Are you okay Billy?"

"Erm, yeah. Thank you, by the way. And I'm sorry." I blurted out, wringing my hands nervously.

"For what?"

"Ruining your night."

"You didn't ruin my night, Billy. I have no problem helping you." Tim spoke softly, finally making eye contact. My blush deepened when Tim smiled at me. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Um, not really. Thank you though, honestly." Tim nodded and silence fell over us as we went back to avoiding eye contact. I cleared my throat, gaining Tim's attention. "I, uh, should probably get going."

I turned to the door, stopping when Tim grabbed my wrist. "Wait! Can I...can I try something?" I quirked a brow quizzically but nodded, curious as to what he wanted.

Tim smiled nervously, slipping his hand into mine. I felt butterflies in my stomach as Tim inched his face closer to mine and I suddenly realized what he wanted to try. My nerves went off the chart.

I closed my eyes in anticipation when his face was a mere few inches from mine.

"Hey guys, just wanted to- oh! My bad! Sorry!" I groaned internally at the sound of the balcony door opening and Wanda's voice, cursing her out mentally. She cleared her throat, apologizing once more before closing the door and disappearing inside.

Tim looked at me and we both broke into a fit of giggles. Once we composed ourselves, I smiled at him and squeezed his hand that was still entwined with mine. Tim got the hint, leaning back in and pressing his lips to mine.

I couldn't help but smile a little into the kiss, a smile that grew when Tim pulled back. He opened his and grinned back at me. "Finally, I've been waiting to do that for two years."

"You and me both, mister." I chuckled, pecking his cheek. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course, anything."

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

Tim smiled, giving me a chaste kiss on the lips before replying. "I would like that very much." He tugged my hand towards the door. "Come on, we should probably get going. It's getting late."

I followed Tim inside only to be met by the sight of a beaming Wanda and a smirking Jason. Tim groaned, trying to sprint towards the door with me in tow only to be stiff armed by Jason. "Oh no, not so fast bro. We need to have a little chat."

Jason pried Tim away from me, dragging him down the hallway. Tim looked at me with a pleading expression, but I knew better than to mess with Jason when he was on a mission. I looked over at Wanda, who still had a shit eating grin on her face. "So, are you two together now?"

"If you must know, yes." I couldn't help it when my grin grew.

Wanda squealed, grabbing both my hands in hers and tugging me to the couch. "I'm so happy for you! Yay! Now we can double date!"

I stood up, shaking my head vehemently. "Thanks, but no. That would be a little weird, don't you think?"

"Puh-lease! It would be so much fun!" Wanda begged, looking at me over the back of the couch.

I stood my ground, bidding her a good night as I knew Tim would be caught up with Jason for a good three hours. I sent him a text as I walked through the apartment complex, the smile never leaving my face.

I went to exit the building, stopping when I felt a pang of pain shoot through my head. I stumbled forward, grasping my head as my vision swam. My head felt foggy yet was throbbing as if I got punched directly in the face by Conner.

Collapsing to the ground, I felt my body begin to shake violently. My stomach twisted and I vomited, my vision swimming. I rolled over onto my back after dry heaving for a moment, groaning loudly. My body felt like it was on fire and it took me a moment to realize it was because I actually was on fire.

Blue flames engulfed my body yet did not burn the floor I was laying on. I tried to scream but found my voice was not working. Panicking, I called out to Wanda telepathically in the hopes I was still within her range.

Wanda...front door. Help me...I don't know what's happening.

No response came for what felt like an eternity as the flames continued to burn me. Luckily, I was practically immune to my own powers so there was minimal damage but I could still feel the pain.

Then, after an agony of waiting, I finally got a response from Wanda.

Billy, what's going on?

Told you, don't know. Everything hurts. Hurry.

I tried talking once more to see if I could utter a spell but again nothing came out.

My head was still throbbing, my body basically vibrating with an overload of energy and power as I lay on the ground waiting for Wanda.

Then, without warning, the flames went out. I was still shaking but now I felt cold, freezing actually. With an immense amount of effort, I lifted my head to look down at my body and screamed internally when I saw my body freezing itself.

I heard the footsteps of Wanda, Jason, and Tim as the ice was covering my neck. They came into view as my eyes froze over and I will never forget the horrified expressions on their faces as they saw the state I was in.

I was still conscious in my ice prison, so I heard Wanda calling out spell after spell, even if it did sound foggy. Nothing was working, I was still encased in ice. Wanda was practically in tears out of frustration, Jason looked like he wanted to punch something, and Tim looked as if he had been punched.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a fourth figure emerge, standing there with their hands on their hips and a smile on their face. When they made eye contact with me, they waved, blowing me a kiss before walking away, the huge smile never leaving their horrid face.

My vision may be blurry due to the ice, but I would recognize them anywhere and I know they are responsible for my current predicament. I don't quite know how, but I will figure it out.

And when I do, I'm going to kill Klarion.