chapter fifteen

Billy's POV

Two Months Later...

Tim and I had been going strong ever since I got back from the plane of nonexistence. We had been on multiple dates, some Tommy decided to crash, some he had the decency to leave us alone on, which I was beyond grateful for. 

Right now, Tim and I were on a date at the amusement park, just wandering the place trying to find an attraction that would be fun. 

Tim was a daredevil when it came to these rides whereas I was a bit more unsure, but I was learning, slowly but surely to enjoy them. 

"Billy, come on! We're going on this one!" Tim tugged my hand, pulling me in the direction of a giant roller coaster. I gulped, staring up at it. Tim noticed, his face going soft as he squeezed my hand reassuringly. "Its okay, I'm right here. You can hold my hand the entire time."

I nodded, smilingly at my boyfriend. We got in line for the roller coaster, being the next group to go when we heard familiar voice that made me groan and roll my eyes. 

"Tim! Billy! Over here!" We turned to see Tommy standing at the end of the line with a huge, faux innocent grin on his face. "What are you guys doing here?"

"We're on a date Tommy, now go home." I grit out, turning my back on my brother. 

Tim sighed, pulling me out of line to go stand with Tommy. I whined the entire walk over to Tommy. Tim ignored me, standing there looking at Tommy expectantly. "Does the team need us or something? What are you doing here?"

Tommy shuffled his feet, looking around awkwardly. "I was lonely so I decided to come here to see if anything fun was happening. Then I saw the two of you." I sighed, knowing Tim was going to invite him to join us. And I was right of course, because the next thing out of Tim's mouth was an invitation to join us. "Really? Are you sure I won't be intruding?"

"You are intruding." I muttered with  pout, one both Tim and Tommy ignored. 

"Not at all. Come on, it will be just like old times." Tim pulled the two of us back in line for the roller coaster and I glared at Tommy the entire time. Tim gave me a look so I stopped, glaring at the ground instead. 

After the roller coaster, we made our way to the ferris wheel. Tommy was afraid of it, or so he claimed, so it was just Tim and I in the little cart. I noticed Tommy give Tim a thumbs up as we went up the ferris wheel and my heart did a cart wheel.

My brother could be dense, but then he does things like this to make up for it. 

As we reached the top, we stopped. I looked at Tim and smiled, scooting closer to him. Tim leaned in and kissed me slowly, pulling back as the wheel started the moving once again. We looked shyly at each other as the wheel stopped at the bottom, taking each others' hands as we exited the wheel. 

Tommy was standing there with a huge smirk on his face. "Have fun?"

"Shut up." I mumbled, grateful for my brother anyways. 

Wanda's POV

The original team, plus Jason, Pietro, and me, were all gathered in Artemis' and Wally's living room playing a game of cards.  Artemis' belly was huge now and she was on bed rest, so she got the couch while the rest of us sat on the floor around the coffee table. 

"Ever since you turned Klarion human, the Light has been very quiet." Kaldur admitted, looking at me over his hand of cards. 

"They are probably planning their next move. But we'll be ready, as always." I grinned, taking a card from Pietro. 

"I thought we agreed no shop talk?" Dick smirked, letting Pietro take a card from him. 

"Sorry, just a little happy that our lives have been simple and easy for once." I drawled.

"Speak for yourself. I am so bored being cooped up in this little apartment all the time. I can't wait until our son gets here." Artemis smiled down at her belly, her hands rubbing over the swollen surface.

"Have you guys come up with names yet?" M'gann asked, sitting back and observing the game as she had already won. 

"We like the name James." Wally admitted, lookng lovingly down at Artemis' stomach. 

"James West...sounds like a movie star." Jason scoffed. "Or a supervillain."

"Don't even joke about that." I rolled my eyes, slapping the back of Jason's head lightly. "We've had enough of our loved ones go over to the dark side to last five life times."

"You can say that again." 

I smirked. "We've had en-"

"I was kidding, Maximoff."

"Well be more specific, Kent." I shot back playfully, dodging the card he flicked my way. "Hey, not in front of our parents!"

"Why are we your parents?" Wally asked, his nose crinkled in confusion.

"Why not?" Everyone shrugged, used to my antics by now. I stood up with a big stretch. "Okay, its getting late. I should proabably head home. You coming babe?"

Jason nodded, thanking everyone for having us as we exited and said our goodbyes. Once we were outside, I put on my helmet and got on the back of Jason's motor cylce, hugging his body tightly as we rode off into the night towards our own apartment. 

Once we were home, I jumped on Jason's back and made him give me a piggy back ride into our apartment. I got off his back and kissed his cheek, placing the helemet down on the coat rack before making my way towards the bed room. 

"I'm exhausted, you coming to bed?"

"Be there in a minute, I'm just going to check in with Roy." Jason called back. 

"Okay. Let him know I say hi." 

I changed into my pajamas and crawled into bed, content with life and how everything was turning out. Maybe this was how everything was meant to play out after all.