chapter thirteen

Billy's POV

Back at Mount Justice, I was immediately greeted by a kiss from Tim, followed by Tommy pulling Tim away from me to crush me in a bear hug.

"Hi guys, I missed you too." I laughed, ruffling Tommy's hair.

He slapped my hand away, a glare on his face. "Don't you ever pull anything like that again. 'Wanda, erase me from existence, that'll be fun right?'"

Tommy mentioning Wanda drew my attention to the still unconscious witch, who was now in Jason's arms. I walked over to her, placing my hands on her temples as I flowed my healing magic into her, replenishing her greatly depleted energy stores.

"There. My debt is repaid."

Wanda blinked her eyes open, stepping out of Jason's arms with a small smile. "Thanks, Billy." Her smile turned into a devilish smirk. "Now, how about we go kick some Witch Boy butt?"

My smirk matched hers until Tim stepped between us, his hands raised in a pausing gesture. "Woah, woah, woah! Hold it right there! Remember the last time Billy went after Klarion? What he became?"

Wanda rolled her eyes. "That was all the Demiurge's corrupt influence. Now that he is free, we shouldn't have to worry about it."

"Yeah about that...I thought I was the Demiurge, how'd you separate us?"

"Simple, really. I used my reality altering powers to make the Demiurge a separate entity from you, then I split it like a parasite from your soul." Wanda shrugged like it was no big deal. "The only consequence is you no longer have access to the Demiurge's abilities. You can no longer warp time or reality to your whims."

I nodded, letting the gravity of the situation sink in when another thought popped into my head. "Am I still Klarion's familiar?"

"Klarion The Witch Boy's familiar is no longer Billy Kaplan, but is now Teekl." Wanda called out into the universe, changing the fabric of reality and lifting a weight off my chest. Wanda must've noticed the relieved expression on my face because she held up her hand for a fist bump, one I gladly gave her. "Now, I ask again. Are you ready to kick some Witch Boy butt?"

"You know it." I grinned, Tommy and Tim's uneasy expressions and shifting not going unnoticed. I sighed, turning to them. "Look, if you think I am getting out of hand just give Wanda or M'gann the signal and they will knock me out, got it?" They hesitated but nodded, giving the two telepaths pointed looks. "Good, now let's go."

We all piled on to the bioship, the coordinates for Santa Prisca already programmed in. M'gann flew us towards our destination, all of us thinking about the whirlwind of the last few years. I mean, Tommy and I went from being two regular fifteen year old kids to superheroes fighting intergalactic threats so quickly and all of that was erased with a snap of my fingers. The I was held hostage by Klarion, my mind scrambled by the Witch Boy as he groomed me to be his familiar.

I shuddered at the thought of what he could do with the Demiurge abilities.

Luckily, all of that was in the past and we were heading towards the future, one that looked bright and hopeful for once. All we needed to do right now was to teach Klarion and The Light not to mess with us anymore.

And, I'll admit it, I was looking forward to kicking Klarion's butt in a fair fight. Torturing him for months on end when he couldn't fight back felt cheap, tacky even. I wanted to battle him.

Thankfully, I didn't have to wait too long as the bioship rocked with impact.

Show down time.

Wanda's POV

As soon as the bioship began to rock, I launched Billy and I out of the ship using my telekinesis. I knew the rest of the team was in M'gann's very capable piloting hands so I wasn't worried. And I needn't be as the ship safely made it the ground a few moments later and the team ran out, some staring at me with bewilderment.

"Thanks for saving us too, Wanda." Garfield drawled sarcastically, giving me a look.

I shrugged, unapologetically pointing at Klarion as the Witch Boy emerged from the woods of the island to confront us. "Sorry, had to get Billy and I to the main battle."

"Hate to disappoint you, Wanda, but it won't be much of a battle." Klarion cackled. "More of me getting my revenge on that little cretin for what he did to me in the plane of nonexistence."

Billy smirked, firing his hands up with blue energy. "I would apologize, but I'm not sorry."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Tim and Tommy exchange a look. I gave them one back, shaking my head. Billy wasn't losing control, yet.

Klarion muttered a spell and black vines of energy wrapped themselves around the whole team, minus Billy and me. He grinned maniacally at us. "Sorry, children, but this is a grudge match. I have bone to pick with them."

"Why me? What did I do to you?"

"You erased me from existence, you pitiful idiot!" Klarion roared, throwing a ball of dark energy my way. "You sentenced me to endless torture with this buffoon! You took away my unlimited power!"

"Technically, it wasn't endless seeing as it ended." Billy shrugged, shooting his beams of energy at Klarion as I dodged the Witch boy's blast of energy. "But boy, if it was endless you wouldn't be able to move right now."

Wanda...

He hasn't lost control, he is just trying to rile Klarion up.

If we lose him to the darkness again I swear-

We won't, Timothy.

We better not.

Klarion went flying backwards from Billy's explosion of energy, his back hitting a tree as he let out a grunt of pain. I saw the look in Billy's eye, the dangerous one, and knew it was time for me to step in. I entered his mind and shut him down wincing as he hit the ground hard. Klarion gave me a grateful look until he saw the expression on my face.

"You took Billy from us for years, turned him into a puppet of your own design, used him for evil, and had him try to kill us. You forced me to erase one of my friends from existence because of your actions, something that has not allowed me a moments peace in months. And for these crimes, you will pay with your life."

Wanda, we don't kill!

You may not kill, but me on the other hand, my hands are already blood stained.

My eyes glowed a dark scarlet as I summoned the energy that ran deep within me, focusing my powers on Klarion as I muttered my spell. "Klarion The Witch Boy is just a human. He will never again gain any sort of mystical or magical power. He will forever be normal and mundane."

Klarion screamed out in horror as his powers were stripped from him, Teekl disappearing in the process. Once my spell took hold, Klarion gazed up at me with such hatred I thought I was looking in a mirror. "You! I will get my revenge! I will get my powers back, you'll see!"

I scoffed in his face as my team, free due to Klarion's powers leaving him, came to stand by my side. "Bitch please, I am the Scarlet Witch. And what I say, goes."