chapter ten

Wanda's POV

I saw the slap coming from a mile away but I didn't try to dodge it. I knew I deserved it, I mean I erased his twin from existence. 

I turned my head, looking into Tommy's tear and hate filled eyes as his chest heaved with anger. "How could you do that?" He roared, looking five milliseconds away from diving at my throat. "Why would you do such a thing?"

I sighed, cursing Billy out mentally as I tried to think of how to explain away what I just did. "Billy asked me to. He knew it was the only way to stop Klarion from having the power of the Demiurge. If Billy doesn't exist, Klarion has no tie to this plane and he too ceases to exist."

"Well, bring him back! Now that Klarion is gone, you can, right?" Tim looked two seconds away from hysterics. I stayed silent. "Wanda, bring him back. Now."

"No."

"No? No?! What do you mean 'no'?" Tommy snarled, going to strike again only to be held back by Wally and Pietro. "Bring my brother back, you bitch!"

"If I do, I bring back Klarion." I put it simply, avoiding everyone's eyes.

That didn't sit well with M'gann, who was up and moving and who has always been able to read me very well.

"Wanda, what else aren't you telling us?" She took a step closer to me, eyeing me cautiously.

"I...I'm not sure I can bring Billy back."

Billy's POV

One thing they don't tell you about being erased from existence is that you don't simply cease to exist, your soul and essence disappearing. In fact, it is a lot more complicated than that.

When Wanda erased me from existence, she simply erased me from our dimension, banishing me from existing there and in doing so, transported my soul and essence to some sort of astral plane.

That would've been totally fine and dandy, if I had been alone or even with someone like Tommy or Tim. But nope, I had to end up here, nice and at peace with my decision only for Klarion to appear a moment later.

My body instantly filled with hatred and rage as I glared at the Witch Boy. He smirked at me, fueling my anger more.

"Well, well, well...look what we have here. Hello, Billy." Klarion cackled.

"Klarion, if you knew what was good for you, you would stay away from me." I snarled, wishing I had something to throw at the annoying smirk on his face. "What are you doing here?"

He shrugged. "Same as you, ceased to exist. You are my familiar after all. Once you are gone, so am I."

I shuddered, feeling creeped out by how...normal Klarion was acting. He hasn't threatened me once, tried to take over my mind, used his magic, or anything along those lines. It was a bit unnerving to say the least.

I squinted at him, realizing he seemed...off. "Hey, douchebag, why are you so...fuzzy?"

Klarion sighed, sitting crisscross on the ground. At least, I think it was the ground. Its hard to tell here, everything is just a never ending blur of cosmos.

"I look 'fuzzy' as you put it because I am powerless here. I draw my powers from whatever dimension I am in. And in your dimension, I drew my powers from my familiars. Teekl, you..." He sighed again, putting his chin in his hand. "Its not fair! All I wanted was power!"

"And all I wanted was to not be mind controlled and to live my life but no, you stole two freaking years of my life from me!" I roared at him and suddenly blue flames erupted from my hands, scaring the daylights out of both Klarion and myself. I looked between my hands and Klarion, a devilish grin forming on my face as a look of horror dawned on his. "Well, well, well, would you look at that. Seems as if I draw my powers from myself, so it doesn't matter what dimension I'm in. Oh, Klarion, my dear friend. We are going to have so much fun together, aren't we?"

I will relish the terror on his face for all of eternity.

Wanda's POV

"What do you mean you're not sure you can?" This time, Tim was in hysterics. "Why would you do such a thing if you didn't know you could reverse it?"

I was beyond frustrated with the repetition at this point.

"I did it because Billy asked me to. Blame Billy, not me! He was the one that came up with this stupid plan, one that didn't have a backup! Stop yelling at me!" At the end of my mini-rant, my eyes were glowing scarlet and I'm pretty sure Tim was shaking in fear as my voice boomed louder than it has in years.

"Wanda, calm down." Artemis tried, and failed, to reason with me.

"Calm down, Art? Calm down? How can I be calm when I erased someone from existence and now everyone is yelling at me to fix it when I'm not sure I can because I think his powers left with him?" I breathed out all in one go, inhaling deeply. "Billy is the only one who can bring Billy back but Billy is gone and I did that."

I felt arms close around me and I snuggled close to Jason's chest as I broke down crying, the pressures of the last few hours getting to me. I rescued Billy only to essentially kill Billy in one sentence. I really am a monster.

"Wanda, you are not a monster." M'gann spoke softly, embracing me from my other side.

"What did I tell you about reading my mind without permission?" I hiccupped, smiling a little at her to let her know I wasn't too serious.

She smiled back. "I wasn't. It was written all over your face."

I watched as Pietro and Wally led a still fuming Tommy out of the room while Dick helped a devastated Tim out as well to who only knows where. I was still firmly planted in a Jason-M'gann sandwich, Artemis soon joining.

I sighed, knowing this was just the calm before the storm.