chapter fourteen

Wanda's POV

When Billy woke up back at Mount Justice, he wasn't happy.

"Why did you do that, Wanda?! That was my fight!" He yelled, getting up in my face.

I rolled my eyes, staring down the seventeen year old. "You were losing control. I made a promise to your brother and your boyfriend that if I saw you lose control, I would shut you down. So, I did." Billy's eye twitched. "Look, I thought it was just the Demiurge's corrupt influence over you in the plane of nonexistence making you torture Klarion for months, but if it wasn't and I was wrong..."

"You're not wrong. It was the Demiurge. I'm sorry." Billy sighed, standing down and taking a step back. He looked around at the gathering of the team, a shy look on his face. "So, I was gone for three months? Felt like so much longer than that. What'd I miss?"

"Well, Artemis is in her second trimester now, we have made some advancements in our fight against the Light, and while you were unconscious, I turned Klarion into a regular old human." I shrugged. "You didn't really miss much, to be honest."

"But we missed you a lot." Tim smiled at Billy, slipping his hand into his. "I thought I would never see you again."

"Well, here I am." Billy grinned back.

Let's give them some time.

But he's my brother and I haven't seen him for three months!

I know and you'll have your time, but for now let them reunite.

...fine.

The rest of the team and I slinked out of the room, leaving Billy and Tim to their privacy. I grabbed Jason's hand, pulling him towards the exit of the cave. "We're going to go visit Artemis and Wally, see you guys in a bit."

"Can I come?" Dick asked, not exactly waiting for an answer as he followed us to the zeta tubes. The three of us made our way to Artemis and Wally's apartment, knocking on the door and waiting for an answer.

The door swung open to reveal Wally standing there with a smile on his face when he saw it was us three. "Hey guys! Come on in, I just made dinner." We made our way into the apartment, saying hello to Artemis as we sat down at the kitchen table. Wally brought out a buffet style of a bunch of foods, placing them down on the table. "So, what brings you all around here?"

"Wanda brought Billy and Klarion back from nonexistence." Dick shrugged, digging into the pasta.

Wally and Artemis exchanged a look before bursting out laughing, stopping when they saw how serious the rest of us were. "I didn't know you were powerful enough to do that. That's insane."

Now it was my turn to shrug. "I'm the Scarlet Witch, I'm full of surprises." I looked over at Artemis, a sly smile coming on to my face. "Speaking of which, have you considered what I offered?"

Artemis nodded, pushing back from the table to expose her belly. "I'm ready and so is Wally." I got up from my spot at the table, walking over to kneel in front of Artemis, much to the confusion of Jason and Dick. I placed my hands on Artemis' stomach, my eyes glowing scarlet as I flowed my energy into her, focusing on the little life growing inside of her. "Ooh, it tickles."

I grinned, refocusing myself. When I found out what I wanted to know, I pulled my magic out, keeping the shape of the baby intact. I lifted the little life form up, holding the magical baby in my arms. "Do you want to know what you're having?"

"Of course." Wally grinned, tears in his eyes as he looked on at the magical double of his child.

I handed the double over to Artemis, letting her tell Wally for herself. "Babe, we're having a little boy."

Wally kissed the top of Artemis' head, looking down at their son. "A boy. We're having a son, Art."

I motioned for Jason and Dick to follow me to the next room to give the family some privacy. Jason and Dick were looking at me in awe. "What? I told you, I'm full of surprises."

Jason shook his head with a smile, kissing my cheek. "More like full of miracles, I'd say."

"That is my middle name."

"Liar, you don't have a middle name." Dick snorted playfully. "And if you did, it would be 'trouble', not miracle."

I stuck my tongue out at my cousin, making Jason and him laugh a little. Artemis and Wally walked into the living room with the magical baby double, smiles on their faces. Artemis nodded at me. "Okay, this will feel a little weird."

"Can't be weirder than holding your unborn child." Artemis chuckled as I placed the energy back within her. "It still tickles." She pulled me into a tight embrace, tears wetting her eyes. "Thank you so much for this, Wanda."

"Of course, any time." I whispered in her ear, pulling out of the hug. "Now, I'm still hungry. I've used a lot of magic the last few hours."

So we all went back to the kitchen table and dug into our dinners, laughing and talking about what is to come. Artemis and Wally couldn't believe I had managed to turn Klarion into a normal human and Jason still couldn't believe the immature speedster he knew when he was originally on the team before his death was going to be a father.

"I mean, its crazy! We're old enough to be parents now! You two are married!" Jason cried out, taking a sip of his drink.

"Woah, woah, woah. We're only nineteen. We're not old enough to be parents in my opinion." I held my hands up in defense. Jason nodded in agreement and so did Dick. "Although..."

The look on Jason's face was priceless.

"Babe, I'm kidding!" I chuckled, patting his hand. "One baby in our friend group is plenty. Besides, let's be real. Y'all need me in tip top shape to clean up your messes."

Dick went to protest but Artemis, Wally, and Jason all just nodded along. "True. You're the best, Wanda."

"I know."