A Cute Short

Sting:

I woke up this morning in the ranch house, in my own private room. Which is amazing because almost every Mage in Fiore is under the same roof. It turns out that Katy's home is huge. In total she has over 200 bedrooms, and 30 bathrooms separate from the private one in each bedroom.

It was crazy early in the morning, and possibly no one would be up. So I lazily get up and go to the kitchen, wearing only a pair of Pyjama pants. As I walked down the hall, I heard humming coming from the kitchen.

I turned to look into the kitchen to see Katy. Making breakfast, which was pancakes and sausages. The scent was intoxicating, the meat was fresh, and the pancakes were homemade.

"Good morning, Sting." She greeted, not even looking at me.

"How do you know that I was here?" I asked.

"I could sense you woke up. Want to set the table?" She asked.

I look away, do I really have a choice? "Sure," I smiled.

"First, get a shirt on. No one needs to see your white chest. It's the morning after a long day, we don't need to see that."

I reluctantly turned around and went back to my room. I opened the top draw of my dresser in my room and discovered that it was full of shirts. Long-sleeve shirts, t-shirts, muscle shirts, the whole deal. I quickly grabbed a t-shirt and hurried back to the kitchen. Katy was still cooking sausages like before so being the good guy I am I set the table.

I look up towards the stove just as I am getting cutlery and the stove is off and the sausages are on a plate waiting to be set out. I turn my head over to the living room to see Katy fiddle with a strange object.

"What are you doing Katy?" I asked, walking towards the table with the cutlery.

"I'm plugging my Guitar in." Katy looked over her shoulder then returned to fiddling with it.

"You don't plug in Guitars! You just play them, like any other person."

"Not this one," Katy smiled turning around to show the weird instrument, "I'm plugging it into the house's speaker system. It's known as a wake up call, a very loud one at that."

"Really?"

"Here, you're going to need this." Katy said as she threw me a set of ear muffs, "They are made so once you put them on that you don't hear anything. You might want to put them on."

As I placed the ear muffs over my ears, Katy jabbed a wire into the instrument and began to play. Soon I knew that I want to be as far away from here.

-~~~-

I am so sorry for not updating in such a long time. I have worked slowly on it, I had a hard time writing this. But I thought the fact that this one was a small short of the first morning at the ranch was cute.

Anyways tell me what is your favourite Christmas present.

Mine is a Lady Savage 243 (hunting gun)