quantum attraction

Hope Van Dyne had begun to feel lightheaded but she pushed the feeling away and focused on bringing Scott Lang back.

"Preparing for re-entry in five, four, three-"

She heard a soft bang behind her and turned to see the transmitter swinging in the air, hitting against the tray table. A pile of ash floated through the air where Hank Pym once stood. She furrowed her brow, not being able to understand what had happened.

"Jellybean..." She heard a familiar voice mutter behind her. As she turned, she stared at her mother in shock as she slowly began to turn to dust. Hope was frozen in fear and confusion. Something utterly sinister was happening, but she couldn't figure out what.

Her fingers began to tingle and as she looked down she saw them disappearing into thin air; followed by her wrist, then her arm, then her entire left side. She could no longer reach out for Scott and her mind flooded with different thoughts. What was happening? Where did her parents go? What would happen to Scott?

Hope closed her eyes, hearing the faint sound of Scott calling out for them, knowing that there was nothing else she could do. Suddenly and similarly to her parents, she ceased to exist.

••••••••••

Hope's eyes shot open as she stumbled over her feet, attempting to regain some balance. She brought her arms up to her stomach and waist and felt around. Everything seemed to be intact, nothing missing or damaged or broken. She was actually there, actually alive and in the same place she last remembered. But it was a distant memory and something felt different.

The city was oddly quiet. Sure, it was no New York, but San Francisco was usually a relatively loud place. She took a few steps towards the edge of the roof to see the city in complete ruins; cars lodged into buildings, litter flooding the streets, paper covering every square inch of telephone poles and light posts. "What the hell..." She whispered to herself. This was not the same city that Hope had known.

She heard footsteps creep up behind her and quickly but fearfully spun around. With her confusion as to what was happening around her, she could never be too cautious. Hope sighed in relief upon noticing that the strangers who stood in front of her weren't strangers but instead her parents.

"Mom, Dad!" Hope cried before engulfing her parents in a hug. She never called Hank 'Dad', especially since their relationship still needed some mending, but she was relieved to know that he was okay. She had just gotten her mom back and she wouldn't know what she would do with herself if she lost both of her parents. But the reunion was cut short when an unfamiliar voice spoke out her name.

"Hope Van Dyne?" He spoke.

Hope turned around to see the face that the voice belonged to. It wasn't anyone familiar to her. He was, presumably, a wizard; something that Hope refused to believe was true but had no other explanation for. She remained silent as he spoke to her.

The bizarre words ran through her mind as he introduced himself and explained what had happened. Five years ago, some-out-of-world being collected all six infinity stones and destroyed half of the universe's population, unfortunately including Hope and her family. "Scott..." She whispered to herself before running back to the van. But she stopped in her tracks upon noticing it was gone, taking Scott with it.

Hope felt her hand balling up into a fist, grinding her teeth together in anger. "Where's Scott?" She asked, louder. "Where the hell is Scott?" Louder. Fist still clenched, she charged towards Dr Strange but was stopped by her mom who held her back, and her dad who stood in front of her.

"Woah, hold on there Miss Van Dyne." Dr Strange spoke as he held out his hands. He dropped to the floor as his cape flew off of him and around the vacant roof. It caught the attention of the family. They knew everything to know about technology and physics, but they could not comprehend this. "Scott's fine... Well, not fine, he's in battle with the Avengers. They're losing. They need our help."