before

"Welcome to Baskin Robbins, would you like to try our ---", he looked up and left his sentence hanging, a surprised look on his face when he saw a familiar face standing right in front of him.

"Hey.", the woman smiled a little as she observed him, while he stood frozen behind the counter. He was wearing a pink-coloured Baskin Robbins t-shirt with an apron, topped with a blue hat, which, by the way, looked ridiculous, but cute.

"Hope? What are you doing here?", he arched a brow but his heart fluttered, as he tried his best to suppress the excitement flowing through him. He noticed she had cut her hair and she now sported a short bob that framed her face. He hasn't seen her for months, even though it was his idea, for them to not see each other again.

"Why didn't you tell me you were out from...", she looked around and made sure nobody was eavesdropping, "...out from prison Scott?", her face tense, as she kept her voice low, overwhelmed with a mixture of emotions. Even though they weren't in contact for a few months, she had been keeping tabs on him, and she was glad she had found him through Luis, his cell mate from prison.

Scott Lang was imprisoned for the past three years because of his infamous heist at Vistacorp. He had discovered that the company was overcharging their customers and thinking it was a coding error, he changed it but soon realized that the company was intentionally doing it to increase their financial gains when the company's CEO ordered him to revert his corrections. He was fired from the company when he blew the whistle. Angered by it, he broke into the headquarters and hacked their systems and transferred millions back to the people that they stole it from. However, he had gone a little bit too far when he broke into the CEO's mansion and stole several items and drove his car into the mansion's pool, which lead to his arrest.

Noticing that a line was holding up behind her, Scott was quick to take action. "Hey, could you cover for me please?" I'll be back shortly.", he sought help from a colleague. "Shall we talk?", he motioned towards the back door that lead to an alleyway.

"Sure.", she inhaled deeply as she followed him closely.

As soon as they reached the alleyway, Hope had grabbed his jaw and pulled him close to her, kissing him desperately. It took him by surprise, but he responded instantaneously, kissing her back, his hands trailing from her waist to the back of her thighs, as he pushed her up against the wall, taking in her sweet lips that he had yearned to kiss for the past three years. She had forgotten how soft his lips felt against hers, and how his lingering touch sent shivers to her spine. They pulled away from each other, catching their breath, but maintaining eye contact.

"I've missed you.", she whispered, her breath hot against his face.

"Hope, I thought I told you we can't see each other anymore. I'm just not good enough ---", he shook his head slightly while he cupped her cheek, thumb gently stroking her face.

She cut him off. "Don't tell me what I can't do Scott. Just because you went to prison doesn't mean you're not good enough for me. I know what's best for me and right now Scott, you're good enough for me.", she remarked firmly, her dark green eyes burning right through him.

His face broke into a lopsided smile. What did he do to deserve her. "I've missed you too Hope.", he confessed as he hugged her tight.

He had first met her in a bar. He was sitting at the bar counter, his gaze focused on a glass shot of whiskey that he was holding and slowly swirling. It had been a long day for Scott, even after a half day from work, where he had been busy settling divorce papers with Maggie, his ex-wife. They had been high-school sweethearts who made their way to marriage, but unfortunately, things between them failed to work out. He was, however, relieved that they had a mutual agreement about sharing their custody rights for Cassie, their 4-year-old daughter.