the mental stroll

"Dad! Come on, we're going to be late!" Cassie yelled up the stairs. She and Hope had been ready and waiting for almost half an hour yet her Dad still hadn't gotten dressed.

"Sometimes he's even more of a teenager than you are." Hope said, smiling at the thought of her boyfriend.

"I have never known any man take as long to get ready as he does." Cassie replied, checking her phone clock for the eighth time. "He's been upstairs for 32 minutes now. If he doesn't hurry up we are going to be so late."

"Who's house are we going to again?" Hope asked, fishing around in her handbag for the invitation.

"Maddie's. She lives across the road from here. None of here family got blipped out so they looked after me quite a bit. Because, well, you know."

The snap had hit Cassie, hard. It seemed like every single person she knew had been blipped out of existence; her parents, Hope, Paxton, Hank and Janet and nearly all of her friends. And now that everyone was back things had changed - in more ways than one. The innocent, brown eyed 10 year old they had left behind was replaced by an overly mature fifteen year old. She was still the same old Cassie, but something had clearly changed within her.

It had been 2 months since the hulk brought back half of the universe, and things were slowly going back to normal, if there ever was such a thing. Scott, Hope, Cassie, Janet and Hank had been invited to Scott's neighbours garden party, hosted by the parents of one of Cassie's friends who got left behind with her.

"I'm here! Let the party begin!" Scott announced, walking down the stairs flamboyantly.

"Finally." Hope said, rolling her eye's at her boyfriends antics.

---------

By the time they got there, the garden party was in full swing. Cassie left Scott and Hope the moment they got there to go and hang out with her friends.

It's so weird seeing her hang out with all these teenagers, when I last remember her playing barbies and hairdressers. Now she's all about makeup and shopping. Scott thought to himself, almost sadly.

He felt very much responsible for the pain Cassie had endured over the past five years, had he not been galivanting about with Hope, he could have been fighting with the avengers to help stop Thanos.That's why he went and pitched his time travel idea to Steve and Natasha. When said out loud it sounded ridiculous, but the earth was in tatters. He wanted to do everything he could to restore it to it's pre-Thanos state.

"You can't keep blaming yourself." Hope said to him, the first night after they were reunited. "You weren't able to help the avengers stop Thanos because you were too busy helping someone else. That's not a crime, everyone understands that. And when you were finished helping that someone else, the first thing you did was go to the avengers. That's a real hero thing to do."

"You okay?" Janet asked, walking over to him.

"Fine, thanks. Just thinking how wonderful it is to be back."

this was requested by ThatRavenclawGal - i wrote it myself so it's probably not the best thing ever. if you have and feedback on it (good or bad) please comment, i'd really appreciate it :)