Chapter 6 - Music

Edward pulled in just before the final bell rung. I got out of my car and walked over to him. "Hey. How did it go?"
"It went well, it went very well. And it proves I can be in a car with her, helpful for our Seattle trip."

Just then the others walked over. Rosalie caught Bella's scent and scowled before turning to me. "You're still here."
"I decided I couldn't leave without talking to Edward first."
"Of course, can't leave your saint of a brother without his permission, can you?"
"Rosalie, that's enough." Edward's voice was low and calm but that made it more menacing.
"Oh everybody," Rosalie said turning to the rest of the Cullens. "Edward says its enough so we all most obey." She did a mock bow.

"You can drive. I'm going with Eliana." Edward scowled and threw the keys straight at Rosalie's face at super speed and she caught them as equally fast. With a smirk she got in the car followed be everyone else.

"Why aren't you going with your family?" I asked Edward.
"So you can have some company on the way back."
"Edward, I'm not coming back,"
"Why not?" I didn't want everyone else to hear the conversation so I thought it instead.

'I can't go back knowing that's what everyone thinks of me.'
"They don't. Just one and I'm sure we could change that. Alice is very happy to have another girl in the house and she's happy I've found you, so are Carlisle and Esme. Jasper's pleased to finally have someone who understands."
'Emmett?'
Edward's voice was so low I knew they wouldn't be able to hear even with their vampire senses.
"He's happy too but if this resulted in an argument or fight he would side with Rosalie. He always has and he always will. It's the same with every mate. And I want you to stay, please."
'I can't knowing she feels like that. I'm sorry Edward, I will miss you.'

With that I turned and walked to my car. I got in the front seat and rove out of school without looking back.

I drove for an hour. I knew he was following me. I could hear him in the tree line. I drove for another 20 minutes before I gave in. He wasn't going to give up and go back so I would face him now rather than drive for another hour.

"What do you want Edward?" I asked after pulling over and getting out the car. He was stood in front of me.
"I want you to come back."
"Why?"
"Because I've just got you back, I can't lose you again."
"And I can't live somewhere where everyone's just putting up with me for the sake of you being happier."
"They're not just putting up with you, believe me I know." He tapped his head.

"Please come home Ellie."
"I don't have a home," I whispered.
"Then make one. Please, Ellie. I can't lose you again. I've missed you so much since I caught the influenza. I tried to find you. I went back to the house after I'd woken up from the transformation but you weren't there. And all your stuff was gone. I tracked down our old Nanny and she told me she didn't know where you were. I killed her out of anger even though I could see her fear. I was a monster back then and if you leave I might go and take that anger out again."
"That's weird. She's the one that said I had to go and live with our Grandparents in England. She knew exactly where I was. I'm sorry Edward. I would have tried to find you but I was told you were dead. I'm sorry I left. You will not become that monster again. Would you like to how I know that?" He nodded.

"Two reasons. The first is that you have Bella. Whilst she is in your life there is no chance of you becoming that monster again. Two, I won't let you. I'll come back Edward but if things don't work out with Rosalie then I can't stay." He breathed out a sigh of relief. "Thank you, Ellie. Just ignore Rosalie, I do."

We got back in the car and started driving before I asked: "What is Rosalie's problem with you?"
"I'm really not supposed to say as she has never told me. It's only because I can hear her thoughts and I already feel like I invade everyone's privacy enough but I will tell you as long as you don't tell her or anyone else." I nodded.