Chapter 18 - Vision

We have reached part 70! It really doesn't feel like there have been that many chapters. And also today this book hit 40k reads! I am very grateful for everyone who is reading and just want to say thank you to you all. 💖💖💖

Alice and I wandered into the trees slightly, waiting for Alice to see Jacob was gone.

"I don't like it," I stated after we'd been sat in silence for a bit.
"Don't like what?" Alice asked.
"Bella hanging out with werewolves. It's dangerous."
"I agree. Edward would not be happy."
"It had to be werewolves though, our mortal enemy."
"Trust Bella," she said rolling her eyes.

Then Alice gasped at the same time we heard the phone ring from inside Bella's house. Her eyes were unfocused but her hands tightened into fists.

"What is it?" I asked. It felt like I'd been waiting for hours for Alice's vision to be over.

"It's Edward," she whispered. What?

Oh no.

"What happened, Alice?" I asked urgently, gripped her shoulders.
"He's going to Italy, to the Volturi. He wants to die."
"No!" I yelled standing up immediately. "We have to stop him. He can't die."
"I know."
"What is he thinking?! Why the hell would he go the the Volturi."
"I don't know."

Alice dialled another number and the phone rang three times before someone picked up.
"Edward?" Alice asked. "It's not what you think-"
"Quem é Edward? (Who's Edward?)" A rough voice said through the receiver. Portuguese?
"Quem é? (Who's this?)" Alice asked.
"Meu nome é pablo. Quem é Você? (My name's Pablo. Who are you?)" Alice didn't tell him who she was, instead she asked.
"Como você conseguiu esse telefone? (How did you get this phone?)"
"Encontrado em uma lata de lixo. (Found it in a trash can.)"

Alice hung up before the man could say anymore. "So Edward threw his phone away, very helpful. We have to go and tell Bella." I nodded and Alice stood up with me and we raced back to Bella's, scaled the back wall, climbed through Charlie's window and stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

Bella was on the floor with Jacob Black, their legs tangled together.

Jacob froze when he saw Alice and I stood motionless at the foot of the stairs.

"Bella," Alice choked.

My body was trembling slightly at the thought of Edward dying at the hands of those monsters.

Bella quickly scrambled to her feet and was at our sides as quickly as she could be.
"Alice, what's wrong?" Bella cried, putting her hands on either side of Alice's face. Slowly I sank down until I was sat on the step, my elbows on my knees and my head in my hands.

As much as it hurt me before, the thought of having lost Edward it was nothing like what I felt now. My barrier broke down and all the pin I had been pushing away, flooded through me. The pain of losing Kyle and now my brother. He could really die.

I didn't immediately notice the empty space next to me where Bella and Alice had previously been. In a daze I made my way to the living room where Bella was sat on the sofa, trembling.

Jacob Black was also there, swearing profusely.

"What did you do to her?" he demanded at Alice.
She ignored him. "Bella? Bella, snap out of it. We have to hurry."