Chapter 3 - Gone

I am so sorry guys. As unbelievable as it might sound, I dropped my phone down the toilet and it took awhile to get a new one and get it set up. And I know this is a short chapter, sorry for that too. The next chapter should be out soon xx

It had been a few days since I'd run from the house after Edward had yelled at me. To be honest, I didn't blame him, I had tried to murder his mate. I felt so bad for what I'd done to Bella, even if I hadn't really drunk from her. I must have terrified her. But then, it is Bella and she's not scared by anything.

From my reflection in the river, I could tell my eyes had already changed back to gold. I'd been running for a few days and I'd decided it was time to go back to Forks. I'm sure the whole evening would have blown over by now and I needed to apologise to both Bella and my brother.

It was strange when I reached the clearing, I couldn't hear anyone in the house and their scents were faded. I entered the house and even though I could tell it was empty from the silence and lack of smell, I still called out: "Hello! Is anyone here?"

No answer, as suspected.

Where were they?

I guess they could have been on an extended hunting trip but then, why were there dust sheets covering all the furniture?

I ran upstairs to my room and everything was exactly how it had been the day of Bella's birthday except dust sheets were draped over the furniture. I went into Edward's room next but froze in the doorway. The furniture had been covered, like everywhere else in the house, but his clothes were missing. I raced to Alice and Jasper's room and that too had no clothes left in it, and many other items were missing. It was the same with every room in the house.

There were no clothes left anywhere, except my room, nearly all the personal items were gone as well as the pictures from around the house.

They weren't here. They'd left without me.

I decided to go to Bella's house. She wouldn't be there since Edward was gone but maybe there would be a clue as to where they were.

I ran from the house and through the forest until Bella's house was in sight. I froze at the edge of the forest because I could smell her.

Bella had always had a mouth-watering, floral scent and it was strong enough that I knew she was home. Had they left without her? Or had Bella chosen not to go?

Edward and Bella would never leave each other, would they?

I ran round the back of her house and scaled the wall to Bella's bedroom window. I stared inside and I was horrified.

Bella looked like she was in anguish. The expression on her face was heartbreaking. She was sat in old clothes, doing nothing, just string at the floor, unmoving.

Then I heard the vampire approaching behind me. I turned round to see a head of black hair sticking out in many directions. "Alice?" I breathes, too low for Bella to hear. "What's going on?"
"We need to leave," she told me. "Bella can't see you."

My eyes widened as I took in what she was saying. They really had left without Bella. Edward had left his mate, left her heartbroken.

"I'm sorry," I whispered into Bella's room and I saw her head begin to whip round as I darted from her window. Alice and I hid in the tree line, just out of sight.

I saw Bella appear at her window and lean out. "Ellie?" She whispered. It was hard to stop myself from going to Bella, to comfort her.

"We need to go," Alice said, pulling on my arm and dragging me away from Bella.

The last thing I saw was her face crumpling as she thought she'd imagined my voice as she turned, and sank down to the floor, just out of view. I noticed the tear staining her cheek.

I could barely contain my own sobs.

-~-

And thank you sooooo much for 12000 reads! That is insane!!!! 💖💖💖