Chapter 6 - A kinda sleepover

Hey, so I'm thinking about changing the cover of this story but I can't make them so if anyone wants to make one then please PM me or comment here Xx.

-happysunshine- made an amazing cover but unfortunately I lost it so if you see this and if it's possible, could you possibly make another cover? Though I would love to see all of your ideas for covers ❤️❤️❤️

Anyway, back to the story...

Since the boys hadn't actually hunted last weekend, they were going again on Friday night, with Carlisle, and hitting a reserve in Northern California.

When I'd asked why they were going so far, Edward had explained the reserve and a mountain lion problem.

We had made up after our fight last week, both of us apologising for what we had said. I was too harsh on Bella; everything going on was just getting to me at the moment and sometimes I lashed out for no reason.

Everyday, I checked the paper for Kyle's name and thankfully it was never there.

Getting Edward to go hunting this weekend had been a bit of a challenge. He didn't want to leave Bella and had insisted that she stay at the house while he was gone and for us to keep a constant eye on her.

At first we had all refused but Edward managed to persuade Alice to have Bella round for a 'sleepover' so she was basically held hostage in this house until he got back from the  hunting trip. And by persuade, I mean he bought her a car.

It was a Porsche and I didn't understand why Alice was so desperate for one until she explained she'd driven one in Volterra and it had been amazing.

I still wasn't entirely sure what the appeal was; I didn't even have a car. And I didn't see why I would need one. I could always borrow Edward's if needed, and most places I wanted to go to, I could run to.

Instead of leaving Friday as planned, the guys decided to leave early and went on Thursday instead. So when Bella's shift finished, Alice went to pick her up instead of Edward.

I wasn't sure how Bella was going to take the sleepover, or basically kidnapping. I doubted she'd be too thrilled. Especially when she knew this was for every time Edward went away.

Honestly, I found him slightly psychotic sometimes.

I wasn't really thrilled about it and neither was Rose, though she was a lot nicer to Bella now. They still weren't friends but Rose didn't hate her anymore.

It wasn't long before I heard Alice and Bella pull up in Edward's Volvo. Alice has wanted to take her new yellow Porsche but Carlisle has reasoned it was probably a little too conspicuous for Forks so Alice has agreed she wouldn't drive it around here.

"Pretty, isn't it?" I heard Alice say, presumably about the car.
"Pretty over the top," Bella grumbled. "He gave you that just for two days of holding me hostage?"

So Bella hadn't realised yet that this wasn't just a one time thing.

There wasn't silence for a moment before Bella spoke again, realisation and horror in her voice. "It's for every time he's gone, isn't it?"

There was another silence so I could only assume Alice nodded rather than saying 'yes'.

Then a car door slammed and I could hear Bella storm towards the house.

"Alice, don't you think this is just a little bit controlling? Just a tiny bit psychotic, maybe?" I had to agree with Bella there though I knew Edward was only doing what he thought was best, even if he took things a little bit too far sometimes.