Chapter 5 - Change

I struggled against Emmett as he hauled me down the stairs. There was just no getting past that strength.

He sat me down on the sofa before sitting next to me. Jasper stood by the bottom of the stairs to prevent my escape with Alice positioned by the back door.

No one was guarding the front door but I'd never make it with Carlisle and Esme sat on the sofa opposite me and Emmett next to me.

"Eliana," Carlisle began, "we let you carry on with this for so long because we thought it might be your way to deal with everything and that you would snap out of it at some point. It doesn't seem like it will, based on your current state and Alice's visions." Alice could see my future?

"Something needs to be done," Esme continued. "We need to talk about this. Do you want to talk to everyone or not."

I didn't speak but stood up, slowly to show I wasn't running for it, and took Alice and Rose's arms before leading them upstairs.

I sat down on my bed and they followed. "You need to talk to us," Alice said after several minutes of silence.
"I don't want to do this," I said. Even though I hadn't spoken in months, my voice still rang out clear and melodic. Then it all came pouring out. "I'm hurt Edward isn't speaking to me and ignored my birthday after I gave him those gifts. I don't understand why he won't try and make up. Actually I do, I guess. I did almost kill her. It's my fault. I feel awful and Edward didn't even give me a chance to apologise. I would cry, if I could, thinking about the pain Bella is going through because of me. I hate that we're here and not in Forks where we should be. I miss Bella and I miss my brother."

"Ellie," Rose whispered as she hugged me and rubbed my back soothingly. "It's ok. We can fix things with Edward. Next time he stops in, we can speak to him about it." I loved how she said 'we'. She didn't mention Bella.

I looked down at the bed and took a deep breath. "I'm sorry. I know I've been acting weirdly and not talking to any of you. Everything's kind of just taken it's toll on me."

"Do you know what we need to do?" Alice said brightly.
"I'm not going shopping," I said before Slice could ask.
"Fine," she said folding her arms over her chest. Rose and I laughed. "We should do something though. Something fun to take our minds off everything."
"What?" I asked.

"How about we go ice skating?" Rose suggested.
"Yes!" Alice exclaimed.
"Sure, why not," I said and we all stood up.
"Great!" Alice said. "I'll go find out where the nearest rink is."

-~-

The guys came with us when we went to the skating rink the following day though Carlisle and Esme did not.

The others all had their own skates and Alice had a spare pair which she gave to me. Luckily we have the same size feet.

We all had jumpers on because even though we weren't cold, humans would be. Though Rise wore a tight long-sleeved low-cut top and my jumper was cropped.

We stepped onto the ice and even though I had never skated before, I didn't fall. I had perfect balance, just like the others.

"Looks at them girls," I heard the helper say to his friend. You know the people that work at the ice rinks that help you if you fall over? The two boys were them.

They didn't look any older than 18 but were clearly good skaters. Obviously not as good as us but good for humans.

We immediately began to skate round the centre of the rink, no creeping around the edge like most of the humans.

"They can skate too," the other boy said. I glanced over at them and saw they were wearing name tags. The blonde haired one was named Kyle and the dark haired one was Jake.