Chapter 24 - Battle Part 2

Totally irrelevant to the story but I got my braces off today! 🥳🥳

Hope everyone's doing well. Thank you for all the reads, votes and comments. 💖💖💖

"Ellie," he breathed, his eyes wide as we started at each other.

"Kyle," I repeated, so many emotions building inside of me as I grabbed his face and pulled him to me, our lips meeting in a passionate kiss.

How was he here?

I'd thought he was dead!

But no, Kyle was here, alive. Well, alive-ish. I couldn't believe it! I had never been so happy to see someone in my life. The immense pain and agony I had been in completely vanished within a second, pure love swelling inside me.

"Not the time, Ellie," Jasper muttered as he jumped over us to take down a newborn who had been about to attack us, Kyle and I momentarily unaware of our surroundings.

I reluctantly pulled away from Kyle, though I knew it was necessary for us not to die.

Just as I sat up, I noticed a newborn charging at us, so I nimbly flipped over and kicked them square in the jaw, effectively taking their head off.

"Wow," Kyle said, standing up too "I didn't think you'd be able to fight that well."
"Long story," I told him with a smile. "But let's just focus on not getting killed, then we can get back to this," I said flirtatiously, adding a wink for effect.

Kyle chuckled slightly, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me to his chest.

"I've missed you," he murmured.
"Me too," I answered, wrapping my arms around his neck "You have no idea how much."
"I think I do. I can feel the force of it now, the mate thing I mean. I couldn't stand to be away from you, but I had no idea where you where."
"Me neither. I'm sorry I-"
"Duck," Kyle interrupted and I immediately did, fully trusting him.

Kyle's arm flew out and punched the male newborn who had been running up behind me. I then swung my leg back, catching them in the stomach before I turned, grabbed their arms and pinned them to the ground, allowing Kyle to pull the head off.

"I see your new friends really meant a lot to you," I said sarcastically.
"Of course. Who doesn't love their friends who murder each other daily if they didn't get enough blood to drink. There's nothing weird about that at all," he replied, equally sarcastic, rolling his eyes.

I'd missed him so much.

Looking around, there were no newborns, other than Kyle, left and I let out a sigh of relief as I realised we had all made it.

None of us were dead, or injured by the looks of it.

The others were all collecting up the pieces of the newborns, setting them alight. The fire created a weird, purplish smoke, not like a usual fire at all.

Then Alice told us some horrifying news: The Volturi were coming.

"Volturi?" Kyle asked me, confused as to what we were talking about.
"They're the ruling coven of the vampire world," I explained "They make sure the laws are followed and they are very powerful. The four on their way now are Jane, Alec, Felix and Demetri. They are all sort of the guard. Aro, Caius and Marcus are the leaders and they have the guard to fight for them and to protect them. Jane and Alec are twins and are the most powerful. Jane can cause someone to feel like they are in immense pain just by looking at them and Alec can produce a mist that leaves you completely senseless. Demetri is a tracker so he can find anyone by tracking their minds. Felix doesn't have a gift but is strong. They don't particularly like us but I will explain more later."