Chapter 15 (Part 1) - After

I just made it back to the house before I was overcome with the pain. I shook with sobs as I opened the car door and fell out, not being able to hold myself up and even make it through the door.

Alice was at my side in under a second. She wrapped her arms round me in an attempt to comfort me but it just reminded me of Kyle.

"Don't touch me!" I growled and she jumped back in surprise.

All the Cullens appeared outside at the sound of my outburst.

"What's going on?" Carlisle asked before his eyes landed on me where I was crying on the floor. In a second he was crouched down next to me with Alice. "What wrong, Ellie?" He asked in a gentle voice, placing a hand on my back. I jerked away from the touch, to Carlisle's surprise.

I backed away from everyone, still trembling, tears running down my face. "Ellie," Jasper said, hands raised, taking a step forward "you need to calm down. Just tell us what's wrong." A wave of serenity washed over me.

I shook my head at Jasper. "Please don't," I whispered. His eyebrows drew together in confusion. "You can't just make this go away. He's feeling this, it's only fair I do too."
"Who is?" Jasper asked. "What are you talking about, Ellie?" I shook my head; I couldn't bring myself to say his name out loud.
"I just want to be alone," I whispered and it looked like Jasper was going to say something else but Alice sent him a look and he stayed quiet.

I walked passed them all and up to my room.

No one bothered me for awhile. I could hear them talking downstairs but chose to ignore what they were saying.

It was the following day when there was a knock on my door. "Come in," I said. I looked up to see Rose come in and sit down next to me on my bed.

"How are you doing?" She asked, moving her arm to place it on my leg, thinking it over and pulling it back. She probably didn't want to set me off like Alice and Carlisle yesterday.

"I'm not sure, really. I'm guessing Alice told you what happened?" She nodded, a sad look in her eyes.
"I told you not to let it change anything."
"I know but I couldn't hurt Edward like that."
"I don't see why not. He hasn't exactly been the best of brothers recently."
"Recently, no, but he's still my brother and I haven't been a great sister either. Maybe this is a start for us to start talking again."
"I don't think hurting yourself like this is the best way to please Edward. He wouldn't be happy with this."

"Well he won't find out," I said. "I will tell Edward I broke up with Kyle when I'm ready and he will not be told about the pain it put me through." Rose's eyes narrowed but after a moment she gave in with a sigh.
"Fine, but I'm not happy about it. I still don't think it was the best choice."
"It was never going to last anyway, Rose! Can't you see that? I'm a vampire for God's sake! How was I ever going to explain that to him? We have to stay secret and I couldn't never change Kyle with everything that happened between Edward and Bella. It would be unfair and selfish of me to do that. Plus, how could Kyle ever want that?"

"You sound just like Edward," she sighed. "You don't know that Kyle wouldn't have wanted it. He could want you just as much as you want him. Just think about the pain you're putting both of you through and what it did to Edward and Bella. Do you really want to do that? Just think about what you really want before it's too late." With that she stood up and nodded towards the door. "You coming downstairs."
"Yep. I don't want to be like I was last time."
"You won't be," she assured me and we ran downstairs full speed so we're in the lounge in less than a second.

We spent the whole night there, all together. I read, we watched some Tv, Emmett and Jasper wrestled outside until Esme came and broke it up, much to their disappointment. They succeeded in making me happier though when I was alone everything just seemed dark.

It was empty and dark without Kyle. I missed him.