Prologue

The night was just like any other, dark and silent. The moon was at it's half Moon phase and there was some light from it which wasn't much in the area full of huge trees with canopies. The sound of the rushing river wasn't that loud but it was there, a constant sound of nature among the many sounds from both nature and man made things.

The three young men looked at the coffin before them. The coffin was mysterious, strange and intriguing. One of them had accidentally drowned at the river and when the others had dived into the water, they had not only come out of the water with their friend but also with the coffin. The coffin had to have been there for a long time as it had stuck into the riverbed, becoming one with the river. It had taken them a long time to pull out the coffin that had been held tightly by the riverbed but after some time, their efforts had been rewarded. The young men had pulled the heavy coffin from the river, anxiety all over them as they couldn't wait to see what it held.

The coffin was strange and it wasn't the usual coffin the young men saw. Even without the weeds and moss all over the surface of the coffin, it looked strange. First of, the wood was still strong and not weakened by the water. A wood staying under the river for the time they thought the coffin had stayed, it should have weakened and become waterlogged. But the coffin was strong, as if the water had strengthened it.

The young men who had only their briefs except the one who had drowned and he had removed his upper clothing we're still mystefied by the coffin. The three didn't know what to do with it. The most sensible thing to do was call the authorities and leave it with them. But they were teenagers, drawn to mysterious things that gave their youthful life thrill and entertainment. Plus, authorities and teenagers were something teenagers hated.

"What do you think it is?!" The one who had drowned asked his two friends. He was still recovering from his drowning.

"I don't know, maybe a member of our founding families was buried there," one of them suggested still dazzled by the coffin.

"Worst theory ever, you know how founding families are. They think they are important and higher than us and am sure they were higher then than now. How could they put one of them in a river and yet they got really good tombs?!" The other one replied.

"But the coffin looks really expensive and classy. No family not in the founding families could afford that," the first one said. His theory of it being a founding family member seemed right to him.

"Still, it could be anything. Maybe someone stole something and hid it here," the second guy replied and the one who had drowned agreed.

"And that's why we shouldn't open it. We don't know what is in there and maybe it was kept hidden in the river for a reason." The guy who had drowned said nervous about the coffin.

"Nice try but we are opening the coffin. If you don't want to open it, then go but don't come to us when we get rich or something." The second one said as he traced the surface of the coffin with his hand.

"Fine, you win. Let's open it," the guy gave in and the three opened the coffin. Whatever they had been expecting wasn't what they saw. They had expected treasure or at the worst, bones of a dead person.

"How?!!!" One of them asked rhetorically due to shock. The three of them took some few steps behind.

Inside the coffin was the most beautiful woman they had ever seen. She was asleep, her hands on her chest, her really dark and curly hair all over her face. Still, her face wasn't completely concealed by the hair. She had the most beautiful face with the perfect skin complexion for her, a tan skin that seemed flawless, exotic and obviously she wasn't Caucasian. Still, she was dressed in a white Victorian dress, beautiful that made her look like an angel.

Before they could recover from the shock, she opened her eyes to reveal red bloodshot eyes...

A few miles, there was a car packed beside the road. A mid thirty man was exchanging a punctured tire. His wife was leaning against the car watching her husband work. Inside the car, there was their five year old son playing with his toys, oblivious to what was happening.

"Could you at least hurry!" She teased her husband who faked a groan making her chuckle.

"If only you could help, then I could hurry," he replied as he was almost completing his work.

"I just got a manicure, no way am spoiling my nails," she said making her husband laugh. This caused their son look out at them.

"Dilan, are you bored?!" She asked her son.

"Am scared," he honestly said making her to Pat her husband. "Be fast," she said and then he rose holding the punctured tire.

"I am done, let me keep it in the boot," he said as he rolled it to the back of the car. His wife walked to the car and got in. It was when she had sat that she realized something was wrong. She looked behind using the rearview mirror but she couldn't see her husband. She quickly turned to her son and said, "Don't get out of the car Dilan," she said and didn't wait for his response as she got out of the car.

Two minutes passed and Dilan's parents hadn't got in the car. He decided to do and check what was going on. He held his Batman toy and got out. The night was chilly but he ignored it and walked to the back of the car. The toy dropped when he saw them.

His parents were lying in a small pool of blood looking lifeless. They were dead. Dilan just didn't know what else to do except walk to them and try to wake them. But they were dead. He cried but nothing happened, his parents were dead. It was then he noticed someone's presence. He turned and saw a silhouette of a woman in the darkness. He asked for her help but she didn't move. She just stared at him before disappearing into thin air.

What Dilan didn't know was that the owner of the strange silhouette was only thinking of one thing, soulmate...