Chapter Nineteen

Dilan's POV

For the first time since I knew about Julius Cesar, I was scared. I had never seen what kind of a person he was and all I had known about him was from Cleopatra. Sometimes it's hard to believe what people said and I had found it hard to believe that  someone could be as evil as Julius Cesar was said to be. Even a third of how evil he was was hard to believe that anyone was that evil. But at that moment, I was realising how evil and scary he was. Who turns seven innocent teenagers into vampires so as to indicate that he had arrived? Who does that? And something told me it was just the beginning...

"We need to find them," Cleopatra told Kelvin who was trying to make sense of what was happening. I could see that his mind was turning as he tried to think of what was the best thing to do at such a moment. It was worse because during the night, the werewolves would be meeting as Claire is made Luna of the pack. He was clearly in a difficult position and he had no experience in whatever was going on. Luckily, one of us was.

"They will probably go back to their homes or just a place they felt safe as humans," Cleopatra said to everyone.

"We will have to divide ourselves in groups so that we can search for individuals not the whole group. We need more werewolves and also the hunters so that we can cover more ground before night falls." Kelvin said after a while of silence. It was a good idea.

"Daisy, go back to the pack house and tell everyone about what is happening. We should be meeting up with the rest of the pack at the clearing in the forest within thirty minutes. I will be heading to the hunters so I can ask for help. Also, I need someone to tell the sheriff that nobody should be allowed to be outside at night, fake an animal attack or something. Anything else?"

"Victoria and Kairu will help me search for some of them. Also, I would like him to be taken to the hunters, he will be safe there," she said as she glanced at me then at Claire who I was sure would be taken to the pack house.

"Okay, we meet in thirty minutes." Kelvin said and the werewolves ran to the forest where they shifted to werewolves and ran to do their tasks. Cleopatra walked towards me.

"Will you be alright in the Hunters' house?" She asked me. I knew she was asking if I would be okay with Taylor and I didn't even know.

"Yes, plus am sure she will be among the hunters in the search, I will be fine." I assured Cleopatra who quickly held my hand and crushed her lips against mine.

"I love you," she whispered against my lips after pausing the kiss.

"Love you," I said to her and brought her closer to me. I wish such moments could last forever, where I would be alone with her without worrying about vampires. I prayed that we would get over everything okay.

"Take care," she said and she closed her eyes as she took a step behind and when she opened her eyes, she disappeared. I was still not used to her speed and she was quite fast especially in the day.

"You too," I said, too late for her to hear as she was already gone.

"Let's go Dilan," Kelvin said to me and I followed him to his car. Claire had gone with the werewolves to the pack house.

The drive to the Salvatore mansion was short. I didn't know if it was because of how fast Kelvin was driving or it was because it was a short distance to the mansion. I was still worried about Taylor and Julius Cesar was still in my mind. It was hard to believe that I was afraid of someone who I hadn't met.

The Salvatore mansion was just as gland as it always was. But as we entered into the compound, I realised that for the first ever, the mansion was full with people. It seemed that there was a family reunion going on. Cars were all over the compound and when I saw a familiar black convertible, I remembered Taylor. Did she know that I was coming? Did she still hate me? Or did she still love me?