Chapter Six

Cleopatra's POV

First of, I am a no nonsense vampire. Maybe I picked that up from my personality as a human before I turned to a vampire. Whatever I wanted, I had to get that and I normally got it. Then add that to the love I felt towards my soulmate and I became the most dangerous creature you could ever imagine. I felt the need to protect my soulmate no matter what and just one vampire wasn't going to stand in the way of achieving that. I didn't know the vampire and I didn't care, all I wanted was to permanently kill that vampire.

That state had made me not think straight. I was a millennium and some few centuries old but I still thought like the young teenager I was back then, before I got sucked into all of the world of creatures of the night. I hadn't thought what vampire was in town and what it had come to do but it was obviously concerning Dilan. Maybe it was an ancient vampire that could overpower me or it was just a newborn but like I said, I didn't give that much thought. All I cared, all I thought of was a certain antisocial soulmate of mine. And I would do anything to protect him.

When he had agreed to come to the party, I was overwhelmed. If it was the thought of spending more time with my soulmate or that he would be safe for a while, I didn't care. All I wanted was to kill the vampire and eliminate it before the others arrived.

Kelvin came to pick me up. He had a worried look on his face and also a tired expression on him. I was sure that the position of alpha was doing that to him. He had become alpha at the worst time possible and he wasn't experienced. Even though he was the strongest person I knew, that had to bother and overwork him.

"What's wrong?!" I asked immediately I sat next to him. It might sound weird as Kelvin was technically older than me as I was 'seventeen' but I saw him as a son. I had raised him and knew how he behaved like.

"The wolves are questioning my authority especially the older ones," he told me. Werewolves were really territorial and they fed from fear, wanted to be superior. It was obvious the wolves were feeling like Kelvin was an outsider and that he wasn't strong enough to be alpha.

"Is your father helping?!" I asked.

"Yes but there is an unrest all over the pack. They know about Dilan and what importance he has to vampires and that he will be a magnet pulling vampires to this town. They are afraid and they are blaming me," Kelvin said and I held his hand.

"You can do this, if our plan works, there will be no vampires here," I told him.

"And you will be gone, I will never see you again or Dilan," he said and I swallowed in pain. I saw him as a son but I knew that one day, I would have to tell him goodbye like every mortal I had met in my long life. Still, Kelvin was the closest person and me leaving him was going to be painful but necessary.

"Yes, you knew one day we would have to part ways," I told him hoping he wasn't going to press on that topic. He saw the pain in me and dropped the topic. We drove in silence until we stopped at Claire's mother's house. I could hear the conversation in the house just like Kelvin because of our superior abilities. I smiled when I heard Dilan talk.

I had been angry, determined but just hearing his voice eliminated that and I was just a teenage girl in love with a guy, not an old vampire wanting to keep her soulmate safe. I walked with Kelvin besides me and stopped at the door which was opened a few seconds after by Claire.

Claire was the perfect mate for Kelvin. She was really beautiful though not vampire beautiful but she was beautiful. She had a warming personality and seemed the perfect mate for Kelvin who was always serious and grumpy. The moment their eyes met, they stared at each other. The mate bonding was already forming and it would take a bite from Kelvin to fully complete the bond. I hoped that mine wasn't that complicated like it was with Dilan but it wasn't possible.