Chapter Seventeen

Dilan's POV

The day was getting worse and worse than I had anticipated and it wasn't even halfway through the day. After that fight between Kelvin and James and what Kairu and Cleopatra had revealed, the mood was dark. The werewolves were mourning the deaths of the three werewolves and also had a thirst for revenge. The hunters were also the same. Cleopatra, Kairu and Victoria were always silent, especially Kairu whom was the last person I needed to be silent. He wasn't talking to anyone, as if he was avoiding everyone and Victoria and Cleopatra let him be which meant I was stuck with the two an they were the last company I needed.

I was still feeling guilty about the whole Taylor thing and I felt bad not telling her about Taylor. Cleopatra was my soulmate and she needed to know everything that was going on, especially something like that. But I still didn't want to bother her as she had a lot in her mind. She was sure that Julius Cesar had already arrived in town and that was enough to make her worried. Not forgetting that there were other vampire covens after me like the African coven which I had began fearing from what I had learnt about them. They were said to be the most dangerous coven of vampires even though the Roman coven was stronger. It was my worse as the most powerful coven had united with the most dangerous, all for me...

We had returned to class with a few werewolves going to the pack so as to tell them of what we going on. As I was walking to my last class before lunch, I realised that I was receiving glares from over half of the students. It seemed that the werewolves were really hating me and to be honest, I think they had all the rights to hate me. I was the reason for all these chaos to happen in the town. I had brought the vampires into the town and alongside every bad thing vampires brought with them.

I walked into the class with Victoria behind me. Cleopatra had another class and she had to go to that class and since Victoria was with me, she let me go. Kairu was nowhere to be seen and I decided to ask Victoria about him since we were alone. We walked to the back of the class and sat next to each other. Both humans and werewolves were staring at Victoria, her beauty was too much for them. Victoria was really beautiful and how she seemed composed, confident and determined made her more and more beautiful.

It didn't take long for the teacher to arrive and began teaching, as he kept throwing glances at Victoria. I didn't want to listen to what he taught, which was clearly a first for me. I was always the serious and attentive student, always listening and noting down what the teacher said but at that moment, I couldn't. Who would knowing that you were a target for vampires? I couldn't even think straight and I had to distract myself. I glanced at Victoria who was just staring at a spot on the whiteboard. She was obviously thinking hard about something.

"Victoria?"

She turned her head fluidly and effortlessly and her dark blue eyes landed on me.

"What is it? Are you alright?" She whispered back at me, leaning towards me. She was concerned about me and I couldn't think of a reason she was supposed to be concerned about me.

"Yes, just a lot in my mind, that's all," I said and I saw her stare at me, as if she was thinking of what was the best reply.

"It will be alright Dilan," her British accent was soothing and it was more soothing because it was a vampire's.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked her.

She looked at me clearly as if she was studying me. I then saw her sigh and turn towards me.

"It's about Kairu, you want to know why we are concerned about him and why he doesn't drink human blood, don't you?"

"Yes," I found myself saying.