Chapter Three

Dilan's POV

I didn't realize when the lesson ended as I was in my own world. I liked to sometimes wade off from the reality and in my mind go to the perfect place. I loved doing that as it made me feel better and distracted me from the reality of life that was harsh and cruel. I usually added my parents into the fantasy using the little I could remember. It made me smile even though I knew it wasn't real and I would just be back into the cruel world I lived in with nothing to hope for. Sometimes I asked myself what was life if I didn't have something worth living and the temptations of committing suicide had crept into my mind. But I didn't want to give life the satisfaction that it had defeated me.

I ignored the looks from my classmates, took my backpack and got out of the class, a hoody on me. The corridors were full with students with students but I managed to pass through the crowd of students without gathering any attention. I knew that if I did something with all those students there, it would be a spark of fire in gasoline and I didn't want that to happen. Plus I couldn't depend on Cleopatra to help me.

Cleopatra! Just that name was enough to put a smile on my face. That name was enough to knock me off my feet, give me goosebumps all over my body. I wanted to know what was going on but I didn't know where I could even get answers and explanations for that. The thing that scared me the most was that the attraction, the pulling force I felt towards her grew with every passing moment. What was really going on?! I asked myself but still, nothing made sense.

I walked out of the school and towards the parking lot. I wanted to be alone and just have time to think about everything that had happened that day. I hated it that I didn't understand what was going on, or was it that I was just unfamiliar with the me liking a girl thing? Still, I needed time alone and I had my room for that. I was sure my aunt wouldn't be at home as she would be in the hospital and Claire would either be with her friends or practice for cheerleading. It was a perfect time to be at home.

As I walked to my usual place, I realised that there was someone standing next to my bike. I almost stopped walking as I thought it would be one of my bullies but after a closer look, I realised it was her. She was using her phone, her head bowed down to her phone with her hair all over her face. She was probably the most coolest person I knew. She was one of the few populars I liked and admired as she didn't bully or do anyone harm. Still, it was weird and unusual that she was leaning next to my bike.

Rose Salvatore was one of a kind girl. I once had a crush on her, still had but after Cleopatra just showed up, those feelings just went away as if they were not supposed to be there. It was like all I wanted was Cleopatra and it bothered me a lot. Rose and I had a small history. We were once partners the previous year in a project and maybe that's where I developed a crush on her. Unlike most girls, Rose wasn't those soft girls that would cry if a nail broke. In fact, she rarely paid her clothing any thought as she was always on plain clothes. This was hard to believe especially since the Salvatores were one of the founding families and very rich.

"I saw you Dilan," she said without looking from her phone. I had tried to avoid by hiding behind someone's truck but it hadn't worked.

"Um...I wasn't hiding, just checking out the truck," I said as I walked to her. She had worn a sleeveless blouse that showed off her tattoos that were the coolest thing about her. She wore baggy jeans that reached to her just above her ankles but she pulled the look pretty well.

She raised an eyebrow at me clearly telling me she knew that I was lying. We had spent a lot of time together and she really knew how to read people, you couldn't lie to her. She was also fit, too fit even for her.

"Maybe I was hiding from you, I just need to be alone," I said to her. The good thing about her is that she understood me. Not because she had lost her mother in the animal attack but because she and I were really alike.