Chapter Eighteen

Dilan's POV

I had never been surprised as I was when I learnt that Kairu and Cleopatra had been married for over two hundred years. That was longer than every relationships I knew of at the moment and I am sure hadn't Victoria came along, they would still be married. It all made sense. I remembered when Victoria and Kairu met us at the cemetery, Cleopatra said that they shouldn't be around, especially Kairu. That was the reason why. Did she have feelings for Kairu? I asked myself. And did Kairu still have feelings for Cleopatra?

I couldn't even think straight. The words repeated themselves in my mind. How was that possible? I asked myself and I realised I knew very little about my soulmate. What else was she hiding from me? I asked myself but to be fair, I too was hiding from her that Taylor and I dated. I hated it. It was getting more and more complicated for me and Cleopatra. I loved Cleopatra, I really did and I was sure she loved me back. But I couldn't help but be afraid of another third party to ruin our relationship. Was it even a relationship? I asked myself. I was made to love her and her to love me.

"Stop worrying about it, Kairu and Cleopatra will never be together again," I heard Victoria say. Her voice was so fluid, so perfect especially with her British accent but even I could detect that she was worried.

"You don't seem to believe in what you say," I replied and she became silent. She was just trying to convince herself of that.

"I just have doubts but am sure they will never be together," Victoria said as she looked at me straight into my eyes, her confidence oozing from her eyes.

"Can I ask you something?"

She nodded.

"Whose idea was it to come and help Cleopatra?" I asked. It was unfair of me to ask her that knowing that she will be hurt by it but I needed to know.

Her silence answered me. It was Kairu.

We became silent after that, both of us trying to forget about Cleopatra and Kairu. They were both our soulmates and it would hurt us if they still had feelings for each other. It didn't take long for the bell to ring. We watched as the students walked out of class as we wanted to be the last ones to walk out. When the class was almost empty, we began walking out of the class with Victoria at the lead.

Suddenly, she paused at the door as if she was surprised. What could make her behave like that? Was it a vampire? A werewolf? I thought until I walked next to her and saw him.

Kairu was leaning against the wall, his head bowed down but his eyes on her. He was angry.

"You know the thing that pains me the most, is that I have a soulmate that thinks I love another," he said and raised his head.

"Kairu... I... I," Victoria said in a stutter but couldn't talk anymore.

"How long do I have to proof to you that I am over Cleopatra, that it's you I love?" Kairu said to Victoria who was tongue tied. She couldn't even talk which was a first to see for her.

"You know what," Kairu said to Victoria as he took a step towards her, "let's take a break. Let's stop what this is we have between us and until you remove your stupid and petty jealous thoughts, don't talk to me."

"Kairu, I am sor..." Victoria said as she raised her hands and placed them on Kairu's cheeks but he removed them not minding that Victoria was on the verge of breaking down.

"Till you trust me Victoria, let's end this. I saw the look you gave Rose just because I offered to help her with her fighting techniques, it's not only Cleopatra but every female I know. You never trust me and I am tired of that Victoria. Until you get over your stupid jealousy, don't talk to me," Kairu said to her and he began walking away.