Chapter Two

The chapters are mixed up, ensure you check which chapter you are reading.

Dilan's POV

I hated the attention I attracted everywhere I went. Just like any other high school, rumors about Cleopatra helping me had spread like wild fire. In fact, it seemed everyone knew about. The good thing was that I wasn't the only source of gossip. Apparently, the return of Kelvin Black had created such a shock in everyone. Our town was a small one and everyone knew everyone meaning everyone knew about Kelvin mysterious disappearance. Now that he had returned, everyone knew that he had and that he had grown to be what he was at that moment.

The Blacks were the richest family in town and they had a wide command on most people. In fact, if Kelvin's parents said something, only a few objected and you didn't object when they were they but when you were gossipping with your friends or families. Even the other two founding families seemed to respect the Blacks. The only thing that was disturbing me was what I had overheard in the washrooms. What did they mean when they said Kelvin was the alpha?! I knew that something was going on and it had all started with a certain beautiful girl walking into the school.

I listened as the bell to indicate the end of the lesson ring meaning it was time for lunch. I was already hungry as I hadn't eaten breakfast. I walked out as one of the last students as I didn't to draw attention. The last thing I needed was the student body giving me stress over something I clearly had no control over. I hadn't asked Cleopatra to help me but people gossipped about it, weaving lies into the story until I couldn't recognize it anymore. But I didn't care, or I pretended not to care about as almost my whole life was spent hearing horrible things about me.

Cleopatra had also been another reason why I couldn't think properly. I would be a fool to say that she wasn't beautiful. But I don't think I was supposed to behave and react the way I did whenever I thought about her. It was as if a pull was pulling me towards her and I could feel it wasn't just a normal crush or teenage lust. It was more. It was as if her eyes, the memory of her beautiful face was holding on the ground. And I couldn't explain it in better words as I couldn't exactly know what was going on with me. Maybe I was just overreacting something which I hoped I was. The last thing I needed was to fall in love with Cleopatra as she would obviously not even spare me a second glance.

I reached the cafeteria that was as noisy as always. I had my head bowed down, a hoody covering it as I didn't want to attract attention in the cafeteria. Still, it seemed as if my bullies had left me alone as if afraid of Cleopatra. But she was really scary. I remembered her facial expression as she looked at Zack. It was as if she could kill with only her deadly glare that had seemed closer to that of a wounded lioness fighting for her cubs. I had steered away from her even though we hadn't met with her as that was the last thing I needed. I am sure I would be awkward around her, a statue as I stared at her compelling beauty.

I took my tray and headed for my spot outside. People hated staying outside and only few loved staying outside and we were mostly the outfits. I had my table that I sat alone, at a corner under a tree. I loved the spot as it hid me from the rest of the school and it was quiet. Sometimes Claire sat with me and it was mostly after I had my nightmares and panic attacks. Sometimes she came to just talk to me or to blow off some steam. As I walked to my table, I saw her already there.

"I don't have panic attacks and nobody has angered you which means only one thing," I paused as I sat opposite from her and looked at her bored facial expression. "Who is the guy?!"

"Ouch, you just had to assume it was a boy. It could have been anything else," she complained making me chuckle.

"So am right, it's Kelvin," I said and for the first time ever, a blush crept onto her face.